IFMSA at the Council of Members of the European Youth Forum (YFJ)
From 14th to 17th of April, almost one hundred youth organizations from all over Europe gathered in Brussels for the Council of Members of the European Youth Forum (YFJ).
The European Youth Forum (YFJ) is the platform of youth organisations in Europe, both National Youth Councils and International Non-Governmental Youth Organisations, which represents the voice of young people in Europe, where young people are equal citizens and are encouraged and supported to achieve their fullest potential as global citizens.
IFMSA was represented by the Regional Director for Europe, Diogo Fernandes da Silva, and during this event the European Youth Forum approved the following documents:
- Policy Paper on Equality and Non-discrimination
- Resolution for Quality Standards for Youth Policy
- Resolution about the relationship of Belarus with the EU
- Resolution for Youth autonomy and inclusion
These documents reinforce the European Youth Forum and its organizations commitments towards a more engaged and respected youth in a fairer and more inclusive Europe.
IFMSA will follow-up closely on the implementation of the recently approved documents and contribute as much as possible for its success.
Furthermore, during the meeting it was announced the next YO! Fest 2017, which will be held in Maastricht.
The next YFJs event will be the YO! Fest, inserted in the European Youth Event (EYE), in Strasbourg, from 20th to 21st May. IFMSA will have a delegation composed of 20 medical students all over Europe, which will be responsible for more than 5 activities during the event.
Stay tuned to follow up IFMSAs work within European Youth Forums network and in the upcoming YO! Fest!
If you want to know more or get involved, please contact me through [email protected].
- 152nd WHO Executive Board Meeting
- IFMSA, FIGO and WATOG joint statement on abortion and contraception in medical education
- Youth Action for a Healthy Future for All! | Universal Health Coverage Day 2022
- Join the IFMSA Journey! 3rd call for International Teams for the term 2022/2023
- IFMSA Delegation at Open Education Conference 2021