Name of the activity: HIV: New perspectives of treatment
Country/NMO: Colombia (ASCEMCOL)
Program: HIV/AIDS & Other STIs
Contact information: [email protected]
Type of the activity: Education. Education on health issues for specific societal groups, either in the form of projects (set of tasks for a certain group over a fixed period of time), events (something notable that happens) or conferences (form meeting about ideas related to a particular topic, usually over several days).
The conference “HIV: new perspectives of treatment” will be held at the Universidad del Valle, aimed at students of the Faculty of Health, in order to educate them to best approach the patient with HIV in the exercise of their work.
STI education or training for future health-care professions
The National Institute of Health in its periodic epidemiology report shows Valle del Cauca as the fourth department that reported more cases of HIV / AIDS during the year 2017, this is a call for Valle del Cauca doctors to be prepared with greater strength in terms of boarding and treatment of the infection and the subsequent disease. This is important in Cali as the main urban center of the region and the HUV as one of the health centers of highest affluence in the department.
Medical students, Healthcare Students
General population, Medical students, Healthcare Students, Youth
Objectives and indicators of success:
* Introduce basic aspects of HIV infection and AIDS to students of Health
* Education on the main targets in the treatment of patients with HIV / AIDS
* Raise awareness among Health students at Universidad del Valle about the importance of a rigorous and timely treatment for the evolution of patients with HIV / AIDS
* Train students in the most current treatments for the management of HIV / AIDS and the adequate incorporation of them to health services in the near future.
On Friday, December 7, 2018, at Universidad del Valle, San Fernando campus, a conference will be held for approximately 2 hours, dictated by a specialist in infectious diseases, specifically HIV / AIDS aimed at informing and educating the students of the faculty of health of the University of the Valley on the new strategies of treatment and clinical approach of the patient with HIV / AIDS. At the end of the conference, verbal survey will be made to the attendees on important points mentioned above with the purpose of verifying the knowledge acquired.
Plans for evaluation:
At the end of the activity there will be a short verbal sounding with questions prepared by the speaker in order to evaluate the knowledge acquired during the session. Additionally, attendees will answer a short survey arguing the application they see to the information provided in the conference in their field of work.
- 152nd WHO Executive Board Meeting
- IFMSA, FIGO and WATOG joint statement on abortion and contraception in medical education
- Youth Action for a Healthy Future for All! | Universal Health Coverage Day 2022
- Join the IFMSA Journey! 3rd call for International Teams for the term 2022/2023
- IFMSA Delegation at Open Education Conference 2021