Name of the activity: HealthDay. Easy Way of Prophylaxis
Country/NMO: Russian Federation (HCCM)
Program: Healthy Lifestyles & Non-Communicable Diseases
Contact information: [email protected]
Type of the activity: Education
NCDs are global burden but, fortunately, they are preventable. Healthy lifestyle can decrease the level of NCDs. The aim of our activity is organizing health checkups where medical students can identify people with risk factors and provide guidance for healthy lifestyle.
Prevention of NCDs and Health Promotion
NCDs kill 40 million people each year, equivalent to 70% of all deaths globally. Bad habits such as tobacco and alchohol use, lack of physical activity, unhealthy diets are risk factors medical students could fight with.
Target groups and beneficiaries:
Youths, middle aged and older people
Beneficiaries are the government, the health care system and all the society
Objectives and indicators of success:
To raise awareness about the impact of risk factors on morbidity rates by organizing health checkups in public places, consulting people with risk factors about healthy lifestyle.
Indicator of success:
*4 health checkups during a year (250 participants each)
* social media campaign 10 days before World Health Day on April 4th (10 000 views and 1000 likes)
1. To make an arrangement with shopping malls
2. To make a detailed plan of what we need for organizing the checkups (blood sugar tests, blood pressure cuffs, stethoscopes etc.)
3. To make flyers
4. To find volunteers and a photographer
5. To find sponsors
Plans for evaluation:
4 events which would be attended by 1000 people in general.
10000 views and 1000 likes on social media.
2000 flyers would be distributed
- 152nd WHO Executive Board Meeting
- IFMSA, FIGO and WATOG joint statement on abortion and contraception in medical education
- Youth Action for a Healthy Future for All! | Universal Health Coverage Day 2022
- Join the IFMSA Journey! 3rd call for International Teams for the term 2022/2023
- IFMSA Delegation at Open Education Conference 2021