Name of the activity: Give for Good
Program: Ethics and Human Rights in Health
Contact information: contact [email protected] to get in touch with the Activity Coordinator
Type of the activity: First-time Activity
Category: Third-party Activity
Focus area: Peace, peacebuilding and health
Sustainable Development Goals addressed: SDG 16 (Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions)
AMSA-Kyrgyzstan organized donation camp “”Give for Good”” for the victims of Kyrgyz-Tazik border conflict. All the displaced were searching shelter and basic needs.We donated basic daily need products and monetary help to families. As responsible Medical students of Kyrgyzstan, we initiated and extended a helping hand towards the locals living in the affected region and help them to get their lives back to normal,and stand with the families in this difficult period of their life.
In the conflict between Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan border issues occured in September 2022, more than 15,000 people of Bakten and Osh region in Kyrgyzstan lost there hope. The economic situation of the locals in those areas is not in there favor. Locals in these region are having hard life finacially, physically and mentally. As responsible Medical students of Kyrgyzstan, and as future doctors, we initiated and extended a helping hand towards the locals living in the affected region.
- General population
- Homeless people
- Homeless people
- To aware atleast 80% of the targeted population about the issues faced by the locals during the conflict through social media.
2 . To encourage students, administration staff and general population for charity and collect maximum donation during 1 week of camp.
- To help the affected families with necessary products and try to get their life back to normal through ‘Give for Good ‘ charity camp.
Indicators of Success:
Success Indicators for objective 1
- We were successful to aware 80% of total targeted population through our social media and charity camp boot installed in IHSM University.
- Administration staff of the university also agreed to help us in organizing the charity camp in university campus and provided us transport to reach the affected families.
Success Indicators for objective 2
- Atleast 80 % of the of total individuals who visited our charity camp boot donated different necessity goods such as food items, sanitary napkins, clothes.
- 40% of individuals donated money as a helping hand which was utilized for buying food items.
Success Indicators for objective 3
- All of the donated products 100% were given to the families who were affected and displaced due to conflicts.
- With the help of Worker’s from the Mayor’s Office of Bishkek housing and Communal Services our members interacted with the families and distributed the food, drinks and necessary goods.
The event was conducted from 23rd September to 11th October 2022.
We discussed the issue with our members and administration staff of university, we decided to conduct a awareness program and donation camp in our university.Social media announcement about the camp was done on AMSA Kyrgyzstan Instagram account it included the list of materials which can be donated.
Specific collection points were allocated in different campuses and responsible LMO members were allocated to collect the donations.
These members were responsible for collecting and transparency made sure to list down the specific details about the materials at the same time they were submitted.
At the end of the day, all the donated products were noted down during each day.
The campaign continued for a week, on 11th October members from IHSM University along with the worker’s from Mayor’s Office of Bishkek chief specialist on Housing and Communal Services visited the families in need and donated the basic need products.
Plans for evaluation:
We evaluated our activity on the basis of the donation we got and also many of the local people interacted with usin this campaign and shred there views regarding the issue faced during conflict. We were also successful to get help from the mayor’s Office Bishkek through our camp. We got targeted amount of the products which were used to help the family.