Name of the activity: Finding Hemi
Country/NMO: Pakistan (IFMSA-Pakistan)
Program: Organ, Marrow & Tissue Donation
Contact information: [email protected]
Type of the activity: Campaign
Patients die each day due to lack of of blood for transfusion in Pakistan where terror attacks ,traumas are an emergency with blood disorders like thalassemia , blood cancers hemophillia, so the quest for blood donation is always a hospital demand.
Target groups and beneficiaries:
Patients in need of blood
Objectives and indicators of success:
“• To Raise awareness regarding blood donation.
• Signup stalls and signup sheets to achieve student blood donor pool.
•To Raise funds Through bake sale.
•To develope and implement a system to meet blood demand.
•To display systems of contact and layout the networking of blood bank.”
“•It aimed at creating a blood donor data base for which google forms were used for social media circulation.
•Posters were adorned throughout campus and affiliated hospitals.
•Students were facilitated on how to get their blood group tested and those who new to this were counselled
•Motivational Talks were given in classroom and departments.”
Plans for evaluation:
“•One to one feedback:Videos to be made.
•Feedback forms were distributed ”
Monitoring and Evaluation of the project will be done along to see the outcomes of the project since its a long term activity.
- Press Release: Urgent Appeal for Humanity Amidst the Escalation of the Humanitarian Crisis in Palestine
- It’s not a goodbye, it’s a see you later! | Annual Report 2022/23
- Building resilience | CRIMEDIM’s health systems lens
- Healthy planet, healthy people | Discussing the interconnectedness of our health with Shweta Narayan
- Healthcare students in HIV response – launching the Declaration of Commitment