Name of the activity: ETHICS AND MEDICINE
Program: Ethics and Human Rights in Health
Contact information: contact [email protected] to get in touch with the Activity Coordinator
Type of the activity: First-time Activity
Focus area: Human Rights for Medical Professionals in daily clinical settings, Rights of patients, doctors and medical students
Sustainable Development Goals addressed: SDG 16 (Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions)
Ethics has been one of the pillars in every profession.However, its believed that Bioethics proves itself as one of the necessities to be focused upon while a person pursues medical profession. Nowadays Bioethics has been a gradually vanishing topic, so is the ethical behaviour of the medical professional. Therefore,in order to put light upon this fact as well as make our young medicine pursuers aware of the worth of Bioethics in their profession.
- Medical students
- Medical students
- Healthcare Students
- Other health professionals
Bioethics The topic that focuses on rights and duties of an individual.
1.To make surrounding people aware of their rights and obligations, especially being a part of the medical field .
2.To have a record of knowledge among medical students about bioethics and its significance
3.To advocate at least 80% of medical students attending the webinar, about the applications and examples of Bioethics.
4.To preach the role of Bioethics in day to day life as healthcare professional in day 2 session to at least 75% of our attendees.
5.To drag attention of the viewers towards the topic of bioethics and issues regarding the same by posting videos on social media handles.
Indicators of Success:
1.Participants got to know about their obligations in the medical field being healthcare providers and application of ethics in medicine through webinars.
2.Almost 95% of attendants were well acknowledged with the basics of bioethics and it’s vitality in the medical profession in day 1 webinar.
3.80-85% of participants got a wide range of experience in day 1 breakout room discussion about cases of application bioethics in daily life.
4.Role of Bioethics in day to day life was explained in day 2 interview session where participants asked their queries to the speaker of the day and got their doubts cleared.
5.Both the videos posted focusing on BIOETHICS, it’s application and issues got admirable responses and viewes of 500 and 550. They were admired by the officials of both committees and also by external officials.
1.Duration: 2 days
2.Planned date: 21st (Saturday)-22nd (Sunday)
3.Pre-Session Survey (14th August Saturday)
Google form to get an approximate information regarding knowledge of bioethics among the students of all LMOs.
4.PROMOTIONS: 14th-20th August
5.PART ONE- 1- BASICS OF BIOETHICS
- Basics of bioethics (PPT presentation by NOME and NORP)
- MCQs questioning activity on presented PPT (to check what viewers understood)
- Cases presentation in breakout rooms (discussions)
- PART TWO-2 – PANEL DISCUSSION SESSION.
- Session with IT facilitator: James Young (SCOME RA)
- As a foriegn student, how do we communicate with patients.?
- Expectations of doctors from patients and vice versa.?
- Teams involved:Technical team,Hosts,Content Writers,Video editors
Posters,invitations,certificates,catalogue, post and pre evaluation form, whatsapp grp , official mail, template for PPT.
- 2 videos covering the concept of Bioethics were posted on social media.
Plans for evaluation:
We use Google forms to get an approximate information regarding knowledge of bioethics among the students of all LMOs as pre evaluation
We use the same for post evaluation to calculate the statistics of the knowledge peak reached after the activity.
Along with the pre and post evaluation forms, we had a quick quiz regarding the explained presentation of basics of bioethics using the zoom chat polls.
- It’s not a goodbye, it’s a see you later! | Annual Report 2022/23
- Building resilience | CRIMEDIM’s health systems lens
- Healthy planet, healthy people | Discussing the interconnectedness of our health with Shweta Narayan
- Healthcare students in HIV response – launching the Declaration of Commitment
- 1st Call for International Assistants, Program Coordinators and Code of Conduct Committee of the term 2023-2024