Name of the activity: Ethical code for Medical Students
Country/NMO: Portugal (ANEM)
Program: Ethics & Human Rights in Health
Type of the activity: Raising Awareness for the humanization of health care.
A document that provides guidelines of conduct for medical students during their clinical rotations, and heyond.
Medical Ethics (Patient Centered Care, Good Medical Practice, direct doctor-patient relationship)
In Portugal, there was an absence in guidelines for conduct of medical students. Hence, this code aims to provide adequate guidance, adapted to the needs, duties and rights of medical students. Nevertheless, can be a starting point for other health students, as well.
General population, Medical students
Objectives and indicators of success:
– Right conduct of medical students;
– Respect for patients in medical teaching settings;
– Fostering discussion of ethics in medical profession amongst medical students.
– At least 25 participants in each activity hel at a local level with the colaboration of the National Officer
– Number of views of the document
– Implementation of the code as bibliography of ethic subjects in medical schools.
– Sharing the code in cerimonies hosted in order to celebrate the transition of medical students from basic rotations to clinical rotations.
Plans for evaluation:
– Number of subjects in ethics using the code as bibliography,
– Number of cerimonies where the code would be shared
- 152nd WHO Executive Board Meeting
- IFMSA, FIGO and WATOG joint statement on abortion and contraception in medical education
- Youth Action for a Healthy Future for All! | Universal Health Coverage Day 2022
- Join the IFMSA Journey! 3rd call for International Teams for the term 2022/2023
- IFMSA Delegation at Open Education Conference 2021