October: High-season for conferences! This weekend, the American Medical Student Organization (AMSA) invited to its Empowering Future Physicians Conference. – An invitation that brought together graduate and undergraduate medical students from all over the country in the beautiful southern californian city of San Diego. As international guest, I was welcomed warmly and was able to experience hands-on the ‘american-way’ of organizing conferences. Despite a slightly different approach, the core messages are the same – to name only some of the topics, lectures and symposia were offered on community empowerment, pharmAware and medical education training. As candy the conference was rounded off by an osteopathic medicine demonstration. The perfect way to end a productive day!
Christopher Pleyer, IFMSA President
- Healthcare students in HIV response – launching the Declaration of Commitment
- 1st Call for International Assistants, Program Coordinators and Code of Conduct Committee of the term 2023-2024
- SKY Meeting – ANEM Portugal
- Obstetric urgency and emergency workshop – IFMSA-Brazil
- Breaking The Silence (BTS) – CIMSA-Indonesia