Name of the activity: Donate blood! Be a hero!
Country/NMO: Romania (FASMR)
Program: Organ, Marrow & Tissue Donation
Contact information: [email protected]
Type of the activity: Campaign
The number of blood products used in saving patients life is in a constant rise but the number of blood donors has remained unchanged or has fallen thus making way for a constant lack of blood products supply.
Target groups and beneficiaries:
The target group is made out of all the eligible blood donors. The beneficiaries are the patients in need of blood transfusions due to acute or chronic diseases. On the long term, providing a constant supply of blood leads to a better medical care.
Objectives and indicators of success:
The objectives of the activity are:
– constant education and correct information of the general population regarding blood donation, blood transfusion and the important of having a constant supply of fresh blood;
– active campaigns in which we encourage people to become blood donors;
– training a group of volunteers so that they can aid the local blood banks in specific activities that are required during blood donation;
– raise awareness regarding the importance of constant blood donation;
The actions taken in order to obtain the mentioned objectives are:
– gather a group of volunteers in order to implement the activity;
– plan the activity: set up a number of blood donors that we would want to obtain, the logistics involved, ideas and ways to better inform the general population, research needed to identify the problems in the system, find financial support and partners;
– identify the existing problems at the local blood banks (i.e. old medical equipment) and find solutions.
Plans for evaluation:
The results will be evaluated by comparing the number of previews blood donors out of of our campaign with the number of blood donors during and after the campaign. This will give us a general idea about the efficiency of the campaign and of our methods.
Also during the campaign the blood donors can actively contribute and help improve the campaign by filling a feedback form from which we can extract useful information regarding the general populations reasons not to donate blood.
- Press Release: Urgent Appeal for Humanity Amidst the Escalation of the Humanitarian Crisis in Palestine
- It’s not a goodbye, it’s a see you later! | Annual Report 2022/23
- Building resilience | CRIMEDIM’s health systems lens
- Healthy planet, healthy people | Discussing the interconnectedness of our health with Shweta Narayan
- Healthcare students in HIV response – launching the Declaration of Commitment