Name of the activity: Donate a chance for life!
Country/NMO: Bulgaria (AMSB)
Program: Organ, Marrow & Tissue Donation
Type of the activity: Education
According to data from 2016, the registered marrow donors in Bulgaria are approximately 2000, and the total population is approximately 7million. Our goal is to increase the number of the registered potential donors.
Target groups and beneficiaries:
Target group – young people, mainly medical students and other university students
Objectives and indicators of success:
Objective 1: Creating awareness of the need for potential donors and promote and educate of the modern ways of registering, analyzing and donating.
Indicators of success : number of students educated, media coverage
Objective 2: Increasing the number of the registered potential donors.
Indicators of success: number of newly registered donors in the months during and following the activity.
1. Contact the National Register for marrow donors (National and local registers) and ask for collaboration, information and materials.
2.Meeting with Executive Director of National transplantation agency
3. Organize lectures, seminars, non-formal presentations and also include the topic in social events during NGA .
4. During these events will be presented information regarding the current situation with marrow donors in Bulgaria, why it is important to have more donors nationally and globally and the options how to become a donor. Invite media during some of these events.
Plans for evaluation:
Considering that the main indicator of success is the number of newly registered potential donors, the best way to evaluate the activity is to compare the number of registrations 2 months before the activities and in the 2 months during the activities.
- It’s not a goodbye, it’s a see you later! | Annual Report 2022/23
- Building resilience | CRIMEDIM’s health systems lens
- Healthy planet, healthy people | Discussing the interconnectedness of our health with Shweta Narayan
- Healthcare students in HIV response – launching the Declaration of Commitment
- 1st Call for International Assistants, Program Coordinators and Code of Conduct Committee of the term 2023-2024