Name of the activity: Défi Sang Limite ( limitless challenge )
Country/NMO: France (ANEMF)
Program: Organ, Marrow & Tissue Donation
Contact information: [email protected]
Type of the activity: Third Party Activities
Organ donation, Blood donation, Marrow donation
Lack of information about blood donation and moreover about platelet and plasma donation. False informations about marrow donation. Lack of donators for every type of donation.
Target groups and beneficiaries:
Target : Medical students especially, general population.
Beneficiaries : 1) from information : medical students and general population 2) from the donations : persons in need of blood components
Objectives and indicators of success:
1 ) raise awareness about blood donation and marrow donation –> indicator : number of donators and people registered in the marrow donation volunteer list during the event
2) make famous the platelet donation and the plasma donation which are very unknown –> indicator : number of persons registering for this types of donation during the event.
3 ) make people aware about the necessity of regular donations –> indicator : number of people going back to blood banks after the event.
Old activity : about 10y (4y with pharmacy students). It’s a compe tition between the faculties. In collaboration with the French Blood Bank, each faculty organizes blood collections, sometimes one by month. A special event is the Gourmet Blood Collection : instead of the usual sandwiches, there is delicious food from restaurants after the donation, it works very well ! At the end of the year, the winning faculty gets money from our partner and chooses an association to give the money to.
Plans for evaluation:
To know which faculty is the winner, we have an Excel sheet with a system of points : 1 for blood donation, 3 for platelet or plasma, 5 for marrow donation registration. The main indicator of the success of the activity is the number of donators in each city and at the national level. Since the beginning of the Défi Sang Limite, it has incresead a lot but the lacks are still there.
- Healthcare students in HIV response – launching the Declaration of Commitment
- 1st Call for International Assistants, Program Coordinators and Code of Conduct Committee of the term 2023-2024
- SKY Meeting – ANEM Portugal
- Obstetric urgency and emergency workshop – IFMSA-Brazil
- Breaking The Silence (BTS) – CIMSA-Indonesia