Dear IFMSA Global Family,
During such an imminent emergency, it is our role as IFMSA to come together, take urgent action and put our collective efforts in COVID-19 prevention and control. As medical students and trained health professionals, it is our responsibility to prepare our health systems, communicate with our communities about the risks and means of prevention of COVID-19 and protect the physical and mental health of our people.
This page will be updated by the IFMSA’s COVID19 Response Group and will summarize all Links, Ressources, Press Releases and other documentation concerning the current pandemic.
Our Resources Center
IFMSA COVID-19 Library compiles all available awareness and educational materials:
- COVID-19 Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) Guidelines.
- IFMSA + WHO + CDC Infographics in 7 different languages.
- WHO Videos + Online Courses
You can also find a guiding document that gives an overview of the COVID-19 Library with additional links and interactive maps to use. We also added another folder for NMOs to add any materials/activities they did as a sharing platform for all of us to use.
Our Medical Education Global Tracker
As countries across the globe went into quarantine, medical schools have been highly affected by the current outbreak. The pandemic has put medical students worldwide away from their classes and clinical training. IFMSA is working closely with members worldwide so as to track the status of Medical Education during the Pandemic and identify what alternative measures medical schools are taking to substitute the training medical students worldwide are missing. The following map shares a global overview of the situation, and you can still reach out to us for any update by email (here)
Our Global Activities
As part of IFMSA Response to the COVID-19 pandemic. IFMSA is creating a COVID-19 Activities Map 🌍, where we will gather all your activities and efforts to combat and raise awareness about COVID-19 on a map. This map will visualize your response to the pandemic and reflect on our role as medical students and future healthcare providers in our communities and globally!
If you Are you organizing an activity to combat COVID-19? We invite you to enroll it and.
- Fill in the Candidature Form, sign and stamp it by the NMO president (here)
- Fill in the enrollment form (Here)
Check our Global Map !
Our Content & Webinars
Our Partners’ Response
Our Partners also joined the movement to #FlattenTheCurve.
VisualDx – Your Decision Support System for Differential diagnosis, Testing, and Therapeutic decisions
VisualDx is an award-winning software designed to provide problem-oriented decision support drive quality care and patient safety. VisualDx believes practicing medicine with technology starts by learning with technology.
Lecturio – Study medicine from anywhere.
Lecturio is an Online Education portal aiming to provide students with the best learning tools, proven effective by learning science. Believing that the global shortage of healthcare professionals requires a paradigm shift in how medicine is taught, and due to the current pandemic, Lecturio is providing :
All IFMSA members with 14 days of free access to Lecturio Premium, including full access to all video lectures, quiz questions, and clinical cases…
- Comprehensive Video Library: Learn concepts effectively with short, concise, and easy-to-follow video lectures taught by teaching experts. Benefit from integrated quiz questions, 3D anatomy models, multi-lingual captions, and downloadable slides.
- Advanced Question Bank: Apply concepts by practicing clinical case questions and become familiar with actual test situations. Review the concepts with in-depth text explanations, linked video lectures, and First Aid® references.
- Smart Spaced Repetition: Retain key information better and improve your ability to recall key concepts with the aid of an adaptive algorithm, which tells you exactly what you need to repeat and when.
Students and Educators worldwide, resources to help them develop their knowledge and master the COVID-19 Topic. This bundle includes :
- The COVID-19 Concept Card, which covers the etiology, transmission, epidemiology, clinical presentation, diagnostics, management, and prevention of COVID-19 in one easy-to-digest place (here)
- The full COVID-19 Video Course, which covers the overview and management of the virus, safety for healthcare professionals, and more (here)
- The Studying at Home Guide, which includes some of our best tips for staying focused, being productive, and organizing your study space (here)
- The Teaching and Learning Continuity Package, with information for institutions to ensure the continuity of teaching through the COVID-19 pandemic (here)
CyberPatient recognizes the disruption and impact for medical schools, students and professionals during the current COVID-19 crisis, and in support of medical education worldwide, CP will be providing full and free access to their virtual interactive education platform, for the duration of the pandemic. Medical schools can use CyberPatient as an additional online resource to support their current curriculum. This online platform will provide a clinical environment for students to study the continuum of care in a virtual space and apply their theoretical knowledge to medical practice.
Free Study Materials:
- AMBOSS free accessible COVID-19 Articles: Find all the clinical knowledge you need to know about COVID-19 in our medical knowledge library, available in English, Spanish, Italian, German, French, and Portuguese.
- AMBOSS COVID-19 Materials for Students: a set of free resources for students that includes Relevant Clinical Skills, management, diagnostic, procedure videos, and more (here).
Scholarships and courses for students:
- Global Education Fund Scholarships: AMBOSS commits to award 50 scholarships exclusively for IFMSA members who have been significantly impacted in their work, school, and community environments. When applying please mention you are an IFMSA member (here).
- Online Courses for students: if you are an AMBOSS user you can stay on track with the semester with AMBOSS Online Courses that include verified completion certificates (here).
For educators and institutions:
If you would like to learn more about how AMBOSS could support your university and your professors, feel free to send an email to [email protected] .
Currently, more than 3000 medical schools in more than 60 countries worldwide have suspended their Education. Insimu is proposing its online platform entirely free for schools to help them in their challenges to provide remote education to their students during school closures. To know more please consult the official Press Release (here)
Body Interact – Free Covid-19 Simulation
Body Interact is offering you a chance to experience a clinical scenario about COVID-19 with virtual patients, applying the most up to date management guidelines.
Connect now and challenge you clinical knowledge (here)
The Human DX Project – Free Assessment Tool
To support the frontline medical professionals and reduce the burden on our healthcare system, Human DX developed a comprehensive COVID-19 assessment tool (hdx.org/covid) that helps people find out if they need medical care, testing, or self-isolation in less than 3 minutes. Their user-friendly decision tool has been accessed over 100,000 times and uses official guidelines from the CDC, WHO, NHS, and Mayo Clinic. As new guidelines evolve, the tool is updated in real-time.
Nemovote – Free Online Voting for Meetings
Was your Assembly or Meeting affected by the COVID-19 Pandemic? NemoVote offers to all student organizations free live online voting so you are able to hold your assemblies and votes online in times of #SocialDistancing.
Check more about this offer (here)
Last Update April 6th, 2020 (21:00 UTC)