Conference on Awareness of STI’s and Contraception Availability – Lithuania (LiMSA)
Name of the activity: Conference on Awareness of STI’s and Contraception Availability
Country/NMO: Lithuania (LiMSA)
Program: HIV/AIDS & Other STIs
Contact information: [email protected]
Type of the activity: Campaign
The campaign consists of an organisation of a conference on the topics of STIs and Contraception which will consist of lectures by well-known Lithuanian dermatovenerologists and gynaecologists and workshops facilitated (target audience is youth aged 18-29). An offical LiMSA policy statement will also be written that shall be presented to be voted upon during the General Assembly of Lithuanian Youth Council as an official statement of Lithuanian youth. The participants will get an opportunity to get tested on HIV during the conference. Interwiew videos, articles and infographics will be published in order to raise general public awareness on contraception and STIs.
Prevention of all STIs or are specific STIs, STI testing, Raising awareness among the general public about STIs, STIs and HIV/AIDS political advocacy
According to official EU statistics, Lithuania ranks exceptionally low in the score of contraception availability among EU countries. Contraception is used less often when compared with other EU cuontries due to lack of information, reimbursements and availability on contraceptives. The youth lacks understanding of reproductive health which is the main reason STIs are still a relevant problem in Lithuania, especially HIV that has been on the rise for the past year.
Target groups and beneficiaries:
Youth (aged 18 -29)
Objectives and indicators of success:
To organise a conference on STIs and Contraception consisting of lectures by doctors and of 3 workshops facilitated by trained SCORA members (attendance – 150).
To write an official LiMSA policy statement that will the presented to be voted upon during the General Assembly of Lithuanian Youth Council.
To provide an opportunity to get tested on HIV during the conference (150 participants tested)
To post 3 interview videos, 5 articles and 10 infographics on LiMSA page.
1) The organisation of the conference – selection of OC; the future tasks consist of contacting the lecturers, preparing the venue and workshops, search for possible grants.
2) HIV testing – contacting the official Demetra Association of HIV for HIV testing;
3) Policy statement – work of SWG; statement to be presented during the Assembly of Lithuanian Youth Council.
4) PR group will work on the articles,interviews and infograpics posted on NMO‘s page.
Plans for evaluation:
Participants will be asked to fill out an online form after the event in which every lecture and workshop shall be evaluated (information provided, facilitation, relevance and other factors shall be included). We will also record the number of people tested on the event and the reach of the articles and videos on LiMSA official page.
- 152nd WHO Executive Board Meeting
- IFMSA, FIGO and WATOG joint statement on abortion and contraception in medical education
- Youth Action for a Healthy Future for All! | Universal Health Coverage Day 2022
- Join the IFMSA Journey! 3rd call for International Teams for the term 2022/2023
- IFMSA Delegation at Open Education Conference 2021