Name of the activity: Cinemed “With Love – Van Gogh”
Country/NMO: Brazil (IFMSA-Brazil)
Program: Mental Health
Contact information: [email protected]
Type of the activity: Capacity Building
CineMed is an event that consists of the presentation of films during the semesters. Each presentation has the same feature: a brief introduction on CineMed will be conducted at all events. Then the projection of the film with social and / or medical theme will take place. Upon completion, the project coordinators will call a pre-selected faculty board to initiate a discussion. The film chosen for 05/05/2018 is called Com amor, Van Gogh and the subject discussed after it will be Bipolar Affective Disorder, with a psychologist specializing in clinical psychopathology, Dr. Leila Gracieli Da Silva and with the psychoanalyst psychologist Dr. Marcos Cardoso Da Silva.
Mental Health among the general population
The project has an academic and social relevance for promoting cultural events within the university. He seeks to bring culture to medical students and integrate them with society in a humanized way. It also proposes the teaching about Bipolar Disorder, brought mainly by the doscenarios, besides providing active discussions and enriching contemporary visions for the students who attend the event.
Target groups and beneficiaries:
Medical Students, Psychology students and their prospective future patients.
Objectives and indicators of success:
– Promote an analysis of the films presented at the event, both its content, its importance and its meanings in medical life.
– Correlate the film with daily life.
– Promote integration between medical professionals and the institution’s teachers.
– Enhance students’ capacity for argument and analysis.
On 05/25/2018, at 18:00 hours, the movie “Com Amor, Van Gogh”, which lasts 1h 35m, will be offered to the presents popcorn and drinks at will (Juices and soft drinks). At the end of the film, there will be an active approach with the discussion of the topic Bipolar Affective Disorder, which will address the diagnostic criteria, nosological, prevalence, therapeutic indications and their relationship with psychoanalysis, with the presence of the Psychologist specializing in clinical psychopathology Doctor Leila Gracieli Da Silva and psychoanalyst psychologist Dr. Marcos Cardoso Da Silva. They will answer questions about the theme and comment on aspects of the film focused on the proposal.
Plans for evaluation:
The method of evaluation will be based on the transcriptions of questions asked by the academics and directed to the psychologists, as well as discussions provided by the film on the subject in question.
- Healthcare students in HIV response – launching the Declaration of Commitment
- 1st Call for International Assistants, Program Coordinators and Code of Conduct Committee of the term 2023-2024
- SKY Meeting – ANEM Portugal
- Obstetric urgency and emergency workshop – IFMSA-Brazil
- Breaking The Silence (BTS) – CIMSA-Indonesia