Name of the activity: CAPTOPRIL (Cardiovascular Disease Prevention Project by SCOPH CIMSA UNAIR)
Country/NMO: Indonesia (CIMSA-ISMKI)
Program: Healthy Lifestyles & Non-Communicable Diseases
Contact information: [email protected]
Type of the activity: Capacity Building (Training or Workshop). Teaching and develop knowledge, skills and techniques in a particular field. While training can have any form, workshops are more formal and also include exchange of information between participants.
Cardiovascular disease is the one of the major problems in both developed and developing countries. CAPTOPRIL is community development that takes a cardiovascular disease as a main theme and Jakarta Cardiovascular Score (JCS) as an early screening tool to estimate the cardiovascular disease in a person on 10 years later based on lifestyle.This activity aim to reduce
risk score of people who has the high score of JCS after a year period in Mojo, Surabaya.
This community development is our implementation to SDG’s number 3, about good health and well-being. We do assessment to find a specific target, and empower our member to become facilitator to the cadre.
We bond to the cadres and train them about cardiovascular disease and JCS and start JCS screening to the local citizens of Mojo.
The cadre will check 2 people of their family who has high risk of cardiovascular disease by doing screening and educating in every month.
Cardiovascular disease is one of the main causes of death in the world. According to WHO data in 2008 there were 17.3 million people who died of cardiovascular disease. In Indonesia, East Java stays in second position.
According to Surabaya Health Department data, on 2016 the cases of hypertension was 22.30% from total population. Mojo stays at the first position for hypertension and at the second position for obesity. Based on those data, we choose Mojo as the main target of CAPTOPRIL.
Medical students, Other health professionals, Youth
General population, Medical students, Other health professionals, Youth
Objectives and indicators of success:
1. Increasing the skill and knowledge of at least 50% Mojo’s cadre about cardiovascular disease and early screening using Jakarta Cardiovascular Score (JCS) during a year period.
➢ Indicator of Success
o Score of pre and post-test about cardiovascular disease increases to at least 50% of total cadre
o Cadres are monitor at least 2 person in high risk of cardiovascular disease using Jakarta Cardiovascular Score (JCS) that accompanied by SCOPH’s facilitator in every month
2. Reducing the risk factor of cardiovascular disease up to 15% in Mojo’s society using Jakarta Cardiovascular Score as an instrument of screening during a year period.
➢ Indicator of Success
o People with high risk score of cardiovascular disease decrease at least 15% on a year period
We carry out this activity by giving material and training to the members first, so that the members will educate the cadres
We started engaging cadre by inclusive bonding, having dinner together and fun games to increase the relationship between SCOPH CIMSA UNAIR and the Cadres. I hope that we will provide a screening tool for the cardiovascular disease and Jakarta Cardiovascular Score (JCS). Cadres did the pre and post-test in order to know how much the impact of the lecture that we have given. Then, we trained the cadres how to use JCS including measuring blood pressure, blood glucose levels, and Body Mass Index (BMI). After that, we are at the early screening of cardiovascular disease by using JCS and educated about how to prevent the cardiovascular disease.
With this method, we hope to achieve the objectives and indicators of success which are the references to the success of this project.
Plans for evaluation:
• Evaluation is done at the end of each event so that in the next event there is no similar evaluation
• Pre and Post tests given to cadres when given material on cardiovascular disease in the second event
• Feedback from local cadres, community leaders, RT / RW regarding the implementation of activities
• Follow-up every month with direct meetings or through social media, using JCS as a reference. Every cadre will monitor 2 people in their family who have high risk of cardiovascular disease. They will do screening and educating people around them about risk factors of cardiovascular disease.
- It’s not a goodbye, it’s a see you later! | Annual Report 2022/23
- Building resilience | CRIMEDIM’s health systems lens
- Healthy planet, healthy people | Discussing the interconnectedness of our health with Shweta Narayan
- Healthcare students in HIV response – launching the Declaration of Commitment
- 1st Call for International Assistants, Program Coordinators and Code of Conduct Committee of the term 2023-2024