We are pleased to invite you to become an intern at the World Federation for Medical Education (WFME), as part of the brand new WFME-IFMSA internship program.
Where? Interns will work at the headquarters of the World Federation for Medical Education, in Ferney-Voltaire, France (20 minutes from Geneva, Switzerland).
When? Participants can currently apply for:
- Summer period (July 1 – September 30) → 2 positions available
- Fall period (October 1 – December 30) → 1 position available
What is covered as part of the delegation?
The WFME will provide all interns with:
- 800EUR monthly stipend (or 500EUR for students who find external funding, like Erasmus)
- Free airplane transportation from the intern’s country of origin to Ferney-Voltaire, up to 750EUR
Interns will be responsible for all other expenses (accommodation, food, additional transportation fees), and are encouraged to find other sources of funding.
Who should apply?
Key skills and attributes:
- Commitment to enhancing the quality of information around medical education programs
- Knowledge and familiarity with the use of databases and excel Ability to work independently
- Comfortable working with people from different countries and at different levels of seniority
- Oral and written communication skills
- A working knowledge of English and at least one other language
We expect all interns to be well-organised and hard-working, which includes being available and present at the WFME office during the intern period. Any absences have to be arranged with the WFME supervisor.
What will the internship consist of?
This internship request is for a bright, enthusiastic and hardworking medical student intern to join the WFME office for a 3 month period and support the development of the World Directory of Medical Schools. The objectives of this internship are as follows:
- Shared management of the medical school records hosted within the World Directory of Medical Schools, www.wdoms.org
- External electronic and telephone communications, including through IFMSA networks and sourcing and establishing new contacts
- Developing and maintaining close working with other international organizations including FAIMER (www.faimer.org) and the World Medical Association (www.wma.net)
- Monitoring and reporting on own work output in line with organizational objectives
- Other duties as may reasonably be required by the President and senior colleagues.
How to apply?
There are two steps to applying.
- Send a CV (maximum two pages), a letter of motivation (maximum one page), and a Candidature Form (signed and stamped by the NMO President) to “[email protected]”. The subject of the message must be: “[WFME internship] Application – Last name, First name”.
- After having sent your documents, please fill out the following google form: https://goo.gl/forms/vrkxBtCjmE1BJzA52
Deadline: June 4th, 2017, 23.59 GMT.
- Demonstrable skills and attributes as outlined in the person specification;
- Creative problem solving, ability to work independently, and attention to detail;
Want more information?
For the WFME website, click here.
For all other questions, please e-mail Alexander Lachapelle (Liaison Officer for Medical Education Issues) at [email protected].
- 152nd WHO Executive Board Meeting
- IFMSA, FIGO and WATOG joint statement on abortion and contraception in medical education
- Youth Action for a Healthy Future for All! | Universal Health Coverage Day 2022
- Join the IFMSA Journey! 3rd call for International Teams for the term 2022/2023
- IFMSA Delegation at Open Education Conference 2021