It is with great pleasure that IFMSA is opening the exciting opportunity to be part of the Organizing Committee of the 7th Edition of the Pre-World Health Assembly Workshop (PreWHA).
What is the PreWHA?
It is an international activity organized by IFMSA that consists of a 4-day workshop that will take place in Geneva, Switzerland, from the 16th to the 19th of May 2019. IFMSA has been the official representative organization of medical students to the World Health Organization (WHO) since 1969, which has given our Federation the unique opportunity to send an annual delegation of young people to the annual World Health Assembly. The WHA is the highest decision-making body of the WHO, which takes place immediately after the workshop (around 20-28th May 2019). The aims of the PreWHA is to equip young leaders with the skills and knowledge to be actively involved in the meeting, as well as for youth organizations to align their strategies and prepare for the meeting to achieve a maximum impact. More information is available at https://ifmsa.org/youth-pre-world-health-assembly/.
The Organizing Committee (OC)
The OC will take a major role in organizing the event and will also be expected to be present and have a supportive and coordinating role during the WHA as well. As it has been done during the previous edition, the OC is under the supervision of the Liaison Officer to the WHO (LWHO). However the Chair of the OC is mainly the person who coordinates the OC’s work and has a large role in shaping the event. The positions of the OC can be found, with detailed descriptions found here:
- 1 Chair of OC
- 1 Vice-Chair of OC
- 1 Finances Coordinator
- 1 Public Relations and Social Media Coordinator
- 1 Program Coordinator (position taken by the Liaison Officer to the WHO)
- 1 Logistics Coordinator
- 3 Academic coordinators
- Academic Coordinator for Meaningful Youth Participation
- Academic Coordinator for Universal Health Coverage
- Academic Coordinator for Global Health Education
How do you apply?
Step 1: Please apply through this google form before October 19th 23:59 GMT.
Step 2: Please send the following documents to [email protected] before October 19th 23:59 GMT, with the code [PWOC] in the beginning of the subject-line of your email:
- Motivation Letter (No longer than 2 pages) – focusing on your concrete ideas for the position and briefly detailing your relevant experiences for the position
- Curriculum Vitae with relevant experience (No longer than 2 pages)
- Candidature Form with signature and stamp of the NMO President
Incomplete applications will not be considered. The applicants will be evaluated based on the following selection criteria:
- Relevant Experience in Global Health, Events Organization and Skillset
- Previous Experience in PreWHA/as PreWHA OC (but please do apply even if you do not have experience with the PreWHA!)
- Time availability from now until May and during the PreWHA and WHA
- Overall impression of the candidature
This is truly a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to experience global health advocacy at the highest level, and work with an international team of passionate young people! For any other questions please contact Charlotte O’Leary, Liaison Officer to the World Health Organization at [email protected].
- It’s not a goodbye, it’s a see you later! | Annual Report 2022/23
- Building resilience | CRIMEDIM’s health systems lens
- Healthy planet, healthy people | Discussing the interconnectedness of our health with Shweta Narayan
- Healthcare students in HIV response – launching the Declaration of Commitment
- 1st Call for International Assistants, Program Coordinators and Code of Conduct Committee of the term 2023-2024