It is our greatest pleasure to announce the opening of the call for applications to one of the major events of the World Health Organization (WHO) for this year – the WHO Executive Board Meeting.
The 142nd WHO Executive Board Meeting (EB Meeting) will be held between January 22nd to January 27th 2018, in Geneva, Switzerland. Attended by delegations from 194 Member States and some recognized international NGOs and other partners, the EB Meeting is the crucial moment where Member States define priorities for the next World Health Assembly (WHA), and its agenda is agreed upon.
How do you apply?
Fill out this form (click here) before December 4th 2017, 23:59 GMT. The Candidature form signed and stamped by the NMO president (verifying status as medical student and membership of NMO) can either be linked to the form or sent to [email protected]. Please notice, there are no other documents or requirements needed except filling the application form and sending the candidature.
The attendance of this event is free of charge, however IFMSA unfortunately cannot cover accommodation, food, local transport or other expenses. We can, however, send to attendees a support letter, to support personal fundraising.
Call for input
If you are interested in providing input regarding the activity of IFMSA before and during the WHO Executive Board Meeting, please provide it through the input for external meetings form (click here).
Our aims from attending this meeting are the following:
- Raise the voice of medical students on global health topics and deliver statements
- Meet with relevant stakeholders, partners and country representatives
- Increase our member’s involvement by sharing blog posts and news about the event
Delegates are expected to:
- Have a basic understanding of WHO, at least
- Actively participate in the delegation’s preparations and strategy elaboration
- Fund their own travel expenses
- Have a basic understanding of global health and some of the concerning issues, at least
- Be available for the full duration of the meeting
Important criteria for selection of the IFMSA delegation include:
- Motivation to attend the event
- Relevant experience in external representation and global health
- Plans to contribute to IFMSA’s and/or NMO’s work
Should you have any question or need any additional information, do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected]