Dear European IFMSA members,
We are thrilled to invite you all to participate in the IFMSA Delegation to the 66th Session of the WHO Regional Committee for Europe.
The meeting will take place between the 12th and 15th of September in Copenhagen, Denmark.
A delegation of 6 people will be created and will be composed by:
- IFMSA Regional Director for Europe (Head of Delegation)
- IFMSA Regional Director for Europe-elect
- 4 General Delegates
In case the Regional Director-elect cannot attend the meeting, a 5th General Delegate will be appointed, taking into account the initial selection (which means that a 2nd call will not be sent).
Call opens: 14th July
Call closes: 1st August 23:59 GMT
Selection Announcement: 10th August
You can apply to be part of the delegation by filling in this form.
Preference will be given to delegates from NMOs that, as per IFMSA regions, are part of the Regional office.
Selected delegates are expected to fully commit to IFMSA high-level representation, by:
- making themselves available to attend all the preparatory online meetings;
- read and prepare all the documentation shared by the head of the delegation;
- fulfill the delegation tasks defined by the team;
- commit to the advocacy strategy defined by the delegation;
- adequately report their participation to the Federation.
The 66th Regional Committee will be dedicated, among others (and as per indication of the Invitation Letter) to:
- Health in the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and its relation to Health 2020;
- Action plan for the prevention and control of noncommunicable diseases in the WHO European Region;
- Action plan for the health sector response to HIV in the European Region;
- Action plan for the health sector response to viral hepatitis in the European Region;
- Strategy and action plan for refugee and migrant health in the WHO European Region;
- Strengthening people-centred health systems in the WHO European Region: framework for action on integrated health services delivery;
- Strategy on women’s health and well-being in the WHO European Region;
- Action plan for sexual and reproductive health – towards achieving the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development in Europe – leaving no one behind;
- Action plan to strengthen the use of evidence, information and research for policy making in the WHO European Region.
We are very much looking forward to reading your application!
In case you have any doubts, please don’t hesitate and e-mail [email protected]
- It’s not a goodbye, it’s a see you later! | Annual Report 2022/23
- Building resilience | CRIMEDIM’s health systems lens
- Healthy planet, healthy people | Discussing the interconnectedness of our health with Shweta Narayan
- Healthcare students in HIV response – launching the Declaration of Commitment
- 1st Call for International Assistants, Program Coordinators and Code of Conduct Committee of the term 2023-2024