We are pleased to invite you to become an intern at the World Federation for Medical Education (WFME), as part of the WFME-IFMSA internship program.
Where? Interns will work at the headquarters of the World Federation for Medical Education, in Ferney-Voltaire, France (20 minutes from Geneva, Switzerland).
When? Participants can currently apply for the 2020 Winter/Spring Cycle:
- Winter period (January 1 – March 29) → 1 position available
- Spring period (April 1 – June 30) → 1 position available
What is provided for the chosen intern?
The WFME will provide all interns with:
- 800EUR monthly stipend (or 500EUR for students who find external funding, like Erasmus)
- Free airplane transportation from the intern’s country of origin to Ferney-Voltaire, up to 750EUR
Interns will be responsible for all other expenses (accommodation, food, additional transportation fees), and are encouraged to find other sources of funding.
Who should apply?
Key skills and attributes
- Commitment to enhancing the quality of information around medical education programmes
- Knowledge and familiarity with the use of databases/excel and an excellent ability to work independently
- General computer skills
- Comfortable working with people from different countries
- Oral and written communication skills
- Speaking English and at least one other language
We expect all interns to be committed, well-organised and hard-working, which includes being available and present at the WFME office during the intern period. Any absences have to be arranged with the WFME supervisor.
What are the tasks required by the intern?
This internship is opened for a medical student to join the WFME office for a 3 month period and support the development of the World Directory of Medical Schools. The intern is expected to participate in:
- Shared management of the medical school records hosted within the World Directory of Medical Schools, www.wdoms.org
- External electronic and telephone communications, including through IFMSA networks and sourcing and establishing new contacts
- Developing and maintaining close working with other international organisations including FAIMER (www.faimer.org) and the World Medical Association (www.wma.net)
- Monitoring and reporting on own work output in line with organisational objectives
- Other duties as may reasonably be required by the President and senior colleagues
- Filling in the report after completion of the internship
How to apply?
There are two steps to applying.
- Prepare the following documents:
a. CV (maximum two pages),
b. Motivation Letter (maximum one page)
c. Candidature Form signed and stamped (by your NMO President)
- Fill out the following google form and upload your documents: https://forms.gle/3JpDhiTBfsvz3zjCA
Deadline: November 17th 2019, 23.59 GMT.
- Demonstrable skills and attributes as outlined in the person specification
- Experience working in the field of medical education
- Experience working independently in projects requiring attention to detail
Kindly note that shortlisted applicants will be interviewed by the LME and the WFME President in mid-late November.
Want more information?
For the WFME website, click here.
For all other questions, please e-mail Alaa Dafallah (Liaison Officer for Medical Education Issues for the term 2019/20) at: [email protected].
- Press Release: Urgent Appeal for Humanity Amidst the Escalation of the Humanitarian Crisis in Palestine
- It’s not a goodbye, it’s a see you later! | Annual Report 2022/23
- Building resilience | CRIMEDIM’s health systems lens
- Healthy planet, healthy people | Discussing the interconnectedness of our health with Shweta Narayan
- Healthcare students in HIV response – launching the Declaration of Commitment