Call for AMEE Student Task Force Coordinators Assistants 2020/2021
Dear IFMSA and EMSA Members,
It is with great pleasure that we share with all of you the call for AMEE Student Task Force Coordinators and Representatives Support 2020/2021.
What is AMEE?
AMEE promotes international excellence in education in the healthcare professions across the continuum of undergraduate, postgraduate and continuing education. Every year, AMEE organizes the largest medical education conference in the world: the AMEE Conference.
This year, the AMEE Conference will take place from 27th-30th of October in Glasgow, UK. After the conference 2020 was planned in Glasgow already and moved online AMEE has decided to host 2021 in Glasgow instead, as a hybrid conference, meaning that a lot of components will be available online to a wider audience than before.
AMEE offers international medical students the chance to attend the conference for free, with financial support for travel and accommodation expenses. In exchange for that, the selected students are asked to assist in basic tasks, related to helping out with practical issues and assisting participants during the conference. These students are part οf the Student Task Force (STF) and they are coordinated by a group of 5 people – 1 Local Coordinator, 2 Student Representatives from EMSA (MELO) and IFMSA (LME), and their 2 Co-Coordinators to assist with the international Student Taskforce tasks.
This is your chance to be one of these people!
Description of the position
As Coordinator you will be working with the EMSA Medical Education Liaison Officer (MELO), the IFMSA Liaison Officer for Medical Education issues (LME) and the Local Coordinator. All together, you will be responsible for the management of the AMEE Conference 2021 Student Task Force (STF).
Your tasks as an Assistant will be to:
- Support the AMEE Representatives in their tasks related to the AMEE STF
- Read and evaluate the applications for the STF (>1000 applications)
- Be responsible for various administrative tasks, e.g. sending invitation letters, answering emails
- Prepare promotional materials for the AMEE STF (such as booklets and guides) to be published in the AMEE Students Facebook Page and Instagram Page
- Assist with the coordination of logistical tasks during the Conference
- Attend the Online Meetings of the AMEE STF Coordinators Group (±1 per month)
- Assist with additional AMEE activities including but not limited to activities such as the Student Initiatives Grant Process
As an assistant you are offered:
- Α guaranteed spot on the AMEE STF for AMEE Conference 2021
- A certificate of appreciation by AMEE for your contribution
- A chance to work in a diverse and experienced team and develop your organizational and leadership skills
- An opportunity to learn more about AMEE and the world of Medical Education
Qualifications for the Assistants
In order to be selected as the coordinator, you need to have:
- Strong organizational, leadership and communication skills
- Proficiency in English
- Experience in leading a team and conference organizing
- Design skills (canva and/or adobe photoshop etc.)
- High tolerance to bad jokes
- Availability during the whole term (January 2020 – October 2020) and mostly during the AMEE Conference 2021 STF Working Days (September 27-30th)
Having attended the AMEE Conference in the past (preferably as a STF member) will be highly appreciated.
Having been part of the AMEE STF in the past is mandatory for applicants since most tasks are related to the STF.
How to apply
You can apply for the position by filling this form.
The deadline is on the 6th of November 23:59 GMT. There is one common form for both IFMSA and EMSA members but you will have the chance to choose for which organisation you are applying.
Please note that when you apply for the EMSA spot you must upload your EMSA Certificate.
Please note that when you apply for the IFMSA spot you must upload your signed and stamped Candidature Form.
Timeline of applications
20th of October – Applications open
6th of November – Deadline for applications
15th of December – Results are announced
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected] / [email protected].
We can’t wait to read your applications!
All the best,
Abdullah & Philippa
- 152nd WHO Executive Board Meeting
- IFMSA, FIGO and WATOG joint statement on abortion and contraception in medical education
- Youth Action for a Healthy Future for All! | Universal Health Coverage Day 2022
- Join the IFMSA Journey! 3rd call for International Teams for the term 2022/2023
- IFMSA Delegation at Open Education Conference 2021