Background: Applications for the AMEE Conference 2019 Student Task Force are now open!
Information summary: The AMEE Student Taskforce comprises of over 40 international students who participate and assist in the AMEE Conference, the biggest Health Profession’s Education Conference annually. All health professions’ students are welcome!
The conference will take place between 24-28 of August.
Working days: 22-29 of August.
What you need to do:
Read the application tips document and the FAQ guide.
Take the plunge and apply!
Tips document: here
FAQ Guide: here
Dear students worldwide,
It is our pleasure to invite you to become part of the AMEE Student Task Force 2019. Please complete the application form in order to be considered for the Task Force.
AMEE is one of the most important organisations for medical and other health professions’ Education in the world. AMEE promotes international excellence in education in the healthcare professions across the continuum of undergraduate, postgraduate and continuing education.Every year, AMEE organizes the largest medical education conference in the world: the AMEE Conference! In the last years, more than 3,500 participants attended the AMEE Conferences, with workshops, lectures, poster presentations, short communications, exhibitions, etc.
This year, AMEE offers around 45 international medical students the chance to attend the Conference for free, with financial support for travel and accommodation expenses. In exchange for that those students are asked to assist in basic tasks, related to helping out with practical issues and assisting participants during the conference.
24 – 28 August 2019 – Vienna, Austria // Austria Centre Vienna
(Please note that the first working day of the Student Task Force will be August 23, therefore arrival day will be August 22 and departure day August 29)
[WHO SHOULD APPLY?]
Any student with:
– a certain interest and/or background in medical education and other healthcare professions education;
– sufficient English skills;
– total respect for the rules and responsibilities of the Student Task Force;
– full availability for the Student Task Force working days (22 – 29 August);
– the right motivation and enthusiasm for working in an international team of students!
All applications will be judged by the Coordinators team. Selections will be made based on:
– relevant experience
– future plans for use of experience gained
– geographical and gender diversity
More information on the selection criteria and what makes a good application can be found through this link.
NB: Students studying in any country, except Austria, can apply – we will try to have students from different regions of the world. However, bear in mind that AMEE will only be able to support you with between 300 – 800 euros for your accommodation and travel expenses (fair share depending on travel costs). Students from Austra are warmly invited to apply for the local Student Task Force for which the call is shared at the same time as this call.
We will take in account the equilibrium between students that already have experience in the Student Task Force and newcomers to this task. Students in any healthcare profession are warmly welcomed to apply.
March 15th , 23.59h GMT
Any application after the deadline will not be accepted!
For more information related to AMEE and the AMEE Conference and the Student Task Force, please look at the website www.amee.org.
Please send an email to [email protected].
The AMEE STF 2019 Coordinators
Vagelis, Katerina, Basil, and Tessa
- 152nd WHO Executive Board Meeting
- IFMSA, FIGO and WATOG joint statement on abortion and contraception in medical education
- Youth Action for a Healthy Future for All! | Universal Health Coverage Day 2022
- Join the IFMSA Journey! 3rd call for International Teams for the term 2022/2023
- IFMSA Delegation at Open Education Conference 2021