It is our pleasure to announce the opening of the Call for Applications to one of the major events of the World Health Organization (WHO) for this year: the WHO Executive Board Meeting.
The 140th WHO Executive Board Meeting will be held from January 23 to February 1, 2017 in Geneva, Switzerland. Attended by delegations from 194 Member States and some recognized international NGOs and other partners, the EB Meeting is the crucial moment where Member States define priorities for the next World Health Assembly (WHA), and it is where the agenda is agreed upon.
Due to the continuity between EB Meeting and WHA, the IFMSA delegation to WHO EB Meeting is recommended to attend the World Health Assembly and apply as well to the Youth Pre-WHA Workshop, to be held in Geneva between May 17 and May 31, 2017.
How do you apply?
Fill out this form (click here) before November 30th 2016, 23:59 GMT. Please notice, there is no requirement to send in other documents. The motivation letter and CV will be filled in the form. The certification letter of NMO president (verifying status as medical student and membership of NMO) can either be linked to via the form or send to [email protected].
The attendance of this event is free of charge, although IFMSA unfortunately cannot cover accommodation, food, local transport or other expenses. We can, however, send to attendees a support letter, to support personal fundraising.
Call for input
If you are interested in providing input regarding the activity of IFMSA before and during the WHO Executive Board Meeting 138th, please provide it through the input for external meetings form.
Delegates are expected to
- Have a basic understanding of WHO, at least
- Actively participate in the delegation’s preparations and strategy elaboration
- Fund their own travel expenses
- Have a basic understanding of global health and some of the concerning issues, at least
- Be available for the full duration of the meeting
- Motivation: What motivates the applicant to apply? How does the motivation respond to IFMSA’s values?
- Experience: Does the CV and application showcase experience in external representation, advocacy and WHO EB Meeting global health topics? How is the experience relevant to the meeting?
- Contribution to the Delegation work: Does the applicant have a clear plan on how to work with the delegation, including intended outcomes? Has the applicant thought about how to mobilize skills and core competencies to achieve such outcomes?
- Contribution to IFMSA and/or NMOs: How will the applicant use the knowledge and experience gained in the participation to contribute in the achievement of IFMSA’s vision and mission? Does the participant have any specific ideas or projects in mind?
Should you have any question or need any additional information, do not hesitate to contact the Liaison Officer to WHO at [email protected].
Best of luck for all applicants!