We are pleased to invite you to join the IFMSA delegation to the 12th World Conference Bioethics, Medical Ethics & Health Law of the UNESCO Chair in Bioethics.
When and where?
March 21-23, 2017. Limassol, Cyprus.
How many delegation positions are available?
10 delegates will be selected (7-8 international students, 2-3 Cyprus students).
What is covered as part of the delegation?
The UNESCO Chair in Bioethics will provide all IFMSA delegation members with free registration (a 310EUR value). IFMSA will work with the Cyprus Medical Student Association (CyMSA) to provide free or cheap student housing. However, participants will be responsible for their own transportation expenses (including plane tickets) and other expenses.
Who should apply?
Students from all countries and regions are invited to apply. Participants should have:
- An interest in medical ethics, bioethics, or health law;
- Sufficient English skills;
- The motivation to attend a world-class conference and work as part of an international team of students
- (Optional) Students submitting an abstract to the meeting will have priority
How to apply?
Please fill out the following Google form: Deadline: 29th November 2016, 23.59 GMT.
- Interest and/or prior experience in the field of bioethics, medical ethics, health law
- Availability during the entire conference
- (Optional) Having submitted an abstract is an asset
Do I need to submit an abstract to apply?
No. All students are welcome to apply. However, we encourage all students who have participated in any activity, research project, or subject relating to medical ethics, bioethics or health law, to submit an abstract. As a delegate, you have very high chances of having your abstract accepted for a poster or oral presentation. If you have an abstract you would like to submit, or if you would like help preparing an abstract, please e-mail [email protected], to let us know.
Do I need to be in the IFMSA delegation to attend the conference?
No. The conference is open for everyone. However, only IFMSA delegates will receive free registration. If you are attending the conference by yourself (not as a member of the delegation), please contact [email protected], so that we know who you are and can involve you at the conference as well.
For all other questions, or to let us know that you’re submitting an abstract, please e-mail Alexander Lachapelle (Liaison Officer for Medical Education Issues) at: [email protected].
- It’s not a goodbye, it’s a see you later! | Annual Report 2022/23
- Building resilience | CRIMEDIM’s health systems lens
- Healthy planet, healthy people | Discussing the interconnectedness of our health with Shweta Narayan
- Healthcare students in HIV response – launching the Declaration of Commitment
- 1st Call for International Assistants, Program Coordinators and Code of Conduct Committee of the term 2023-2024