It is with great pleasure that we share with all of you the call for AMEE Student Task Force Coordinators’ Assistants 2018.
What is AMEE?
AMEE promotes international excellence in education in the healthcare professions across the continuum of undergraduate, postgraduate and continuing education.Every year, AMEE organizes the largest medical education conference in the world: the AMEE Conference.
This year, the AMEE Conference will take place from 25th to 29th of August in Basel, Switzerland with the theme: Educating the future healthcare professional and the roles of the teacher.
AMEE offers international medical students the chance to attend the Conference for free, with financial support for travel and accommodation expenses. In exchange for that, the selected students are asked to assist in basic tasks, related to helping out with practical issues and assisting participants during the conference. These students are part οf the Student Task Force (STF) and they are coordinated by a group of 5 people – 2 International Coordinators, 1 (or this year, 2) Local Coordinators and 2 Coordinators’ Assistants.
This is your chance to be one of these people!
Description of the position
As an Assistant you will be working with the EMSA Student Representative to AMEE (AMEE Rep), the IFMSA Liaison Officer for Medical Education issues (LME) and two Local Coordinators. All together, you will be responsible for the management of the AMEE Conference 2018 Student Task Force (STF).
Your tasks as an Assistant will be to:
- Support the AMEE Representatives in their tasks related to the AMEE STF
- Read and evaluate the applications for the STF (>800 applications)
- Be responsible for various administrative tasks, e.g. sending invitation letters, answering emails
- Prepare promotional materials for the AMEE STF such as booklets and guides
- Assist with the coordination of logistical tasks during the Conference
- Attend the Online Meetings of the AMEE STF Coordinators Group (±1 per month)
As an assistant you are offered:
- Α guaranteed spot on the AMEE STF for AMEE Conference 2018
- A chance to work in a diverse and experienced team and develop your organizational and leadership skills
- An opportunity to learn more about Medical Education
Qualifications for the Assistants
In order to be selected as the assistant, you need to have:
- Strong organizational, leadership and communication skills
- Proficiency in English
- Experience in leading a team and conference organizing
- Design skills
- Availability during the whole term (January 2018 – October 2018) and mostly during the AMEE Conference 2018 STF Working Days (August 23-30)
Having been part of the AMEE STF in the past is mandatory for applicants since the tasks are all related to the STF.
How to apply
You can apply for the position by filling this form. The deadline is on the 24th of December, 23:59 GMT. There is one common form for both IFMSA and EMSA members but you will have the chance to choose for which organisation you are applying. There is also the option for eligible members to apply for both organisations.
Timeline of applications
4th of December – Applications open
24th of December – Deadline for applications
30th of December – Results are announced