Name of the activity: Butterfly Condition
Country/NMO: Venezuela (FEVESOCEM)
Program: Teaching Medical Skills
Contact information: [email protected] / +584129400210
Type of the activity: Capacity Building (Training or Workshop). Teaching and develop knowledge, skills and techniques in a particular field. While training can have any form, workshops are more formal and also include exchange of information between participants.
Educational virtual campaign at the national level on the different clinical and biological manifestations characteristic of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, as well as emphasis on the necessary clinical and laboratory criteria for diagnosis of the disease, with the purpose of contributing to the future medical knowledge about the existence of this pathology and that allows you to recognize a patient who has it.
Infographics will be developed that contain the affectations and / organic manifestations of the pathology and the necessary criteria to make the diagnosis of SLE, they will be published on May 10 World Lupus Day with the support of the following labels: #DontFightWithYourself # KeepCalmAntigDontFightWithMe
Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), a multisystem rheumatic disease of autoimmune origin with high morbidity and mortality, which can affect any organ, with a spectrum of clinical and immunological manifestations very varied, and a clinical course characterized by episodes of exacerbation and remission of the illness. For this reason, all patients with suspected SLE should undergo a thorough anamnesis by apparatus and a careful physical examination and extensive laboratory evaluation.
Objectives and indicators of success:
– General Objective: To provide the student with the clinical and diagnostic knowledge for Systemic Lupus Erythematosus and thus perform adequately the approach and follow-up required by these patients.
– Specific Objectives:
o Establish the concept of the disease, as well as, identify the genetic factors linked to the appearance of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus.
o Determine the clinical – biological manifestations of patients diagnosed with systemic lupus erythematosus.
o Recognize the diagnostic criteria both clinical and laboratory to determine that a patient has SLE.
– Success Indicators:
o Number of virtual educational campaigns published in the social networks of local societies.
o Number of infographics made by local officials.
o Level of knowledge acquired by medical students.
o Reception of the virtual campaign by the medical students of the country.
– Establish the problem, the objectives to be addressed, the specific issues which should be developed and the group of beneficiaries.
– Development of the advertising flyer of the activity “Butterfly Condition”.
– Realization and revision of the material (infographics) prepared by the local officials that will be used for the campaign.
– Publication in the social networks of FEVESOCEM and the local societies of the different visual materials prepared on May 10th, World Lupus´s Day.
Plans for evaluation:
The monitoring of the activity carried out by the LOME according to what is established in the guidelines that were sent to each one of them, will be done through consecutive revisions of the visual material that will be published in social networks, in order to have a feedback and be directed to the local official for the development of the activity, after that the evaluation of the activity will be done through the graphic evidence (infographics) of the different campaigns made by local societies.
- Press Release: Urgent Appeal for Humanity Amidst the Escalation of the Humanitarian Crisis in Palestine
- It’s not a goodbye, it’s a see you later! | Annual Report 2022/23
- Building resilience | CRIMEDIM’s health systems lens
- Healthy planet, healthy people | Discussing the interconnectedness of our health with Shweta Narayan
- Healthcare students in HIV response – launching the Declaration of Commitment