Name of the activity: Breast Cancer “Pink October”
Country/NMO: Egypt (IFMSA-Egypt)
Program: Healthy Lifestyles & Non-Communicable Diseases
Contact information: [email protected]
Type of the activity: Education
Breast Cancer “Pink October”. It wasn’t just an event for day but it was an idea that has started since 2016 and continued till now by a lot of evolution in the idea to be bigger and bigger ,Shared in it a lot of Medical inspired students wishing to have a better life for every woman on the Earth aiming to increase their awareness about their body ,how to take care of it and Examine it , Aiming to induce a lot of good habits and cultures in to their daily lifestyles not only that but also supporting those who have been diseased ,help them to have access for places for cure.
I’d like to address the culture of the Breast Health Generally and focus on the Breast Cancer specifically since it has been the 2nd cause for the death of the women all over the world in addition between every 8 women there is one that will die as a result of breast cancer also the problem is increasing with the increase of developmental technology ,bad habits and the radiations that we are exposed to due to this technology on the other side my activity target to spread the awareness of self examination for breast cancer and to have a monthly visit for the mammogram unit as in Egypt this culture is weakly applied ,finally I target those who are suffering from breast cancer to supply them with psychological support .
Target groups and beneficiaries:
About 50 – 100 Medical Students through workshops and Physical Campaigns.
About 500 from public specifically women through online campaigns and physical Events.
The Breast Cancer Fighters through the events of Psychological Support that are held online and physically.
Objectives and indicators of success:
1) Spread awareness among about 50-100 Medical Students through 2016 and 2017 we have succeed by making two workshops overs these 2 years have reached 70 medical student in addition to physical campaigns in faculties of medicine reached nearly 150 medical student ,Later these students have shared with us for achieving the upcoming objective .
2) Spread awareness among about 500 from the public through online campaigns through 2017 and physical Campaigns to the public in streets ,hospitals and clothes’ shops where we have reached more than 1000 person.
3) Motivate about 50 women below 45 to do monthly self examination through our campaigns we have spread flyers with the drawn steps of self examination.
4) Motivate about 50 women over 45 to have mammogram visits through our physical campaigns by awaring the women about its importance and our trials in the future to make national campaigns for mammogram outreach units.
5) Apply psychological support for the Breast cancer fighters through our physical and online campaigns in 2016 that target breast cancer fighter to get support from others with motivating words and by sharing their stories of struggle together where the event have exceeded 21,000 reach and a lot of breast cancer fighters have shared.
6) Finally, our online events have reached great numbers and after physical campaigns we have got a lot of counseling requests and asked in several public areas to repeat our physical campaigns also we have got sponsors through our campaigns.
1) By workshops and Physical Campaigns for Medical Students.
2) By physical outreach campaigns for the public in the streets ,hospitals ,clothes’ shops and GYMs.
3) By online campaigns to reach the social media users.
4) By using posters in public places to have long lasting effect.
5) By communication with the Ministry of health to have outreach Mammogram units.
Plans for evaluation:
– For Medical Students by evaluation sheets for their knowledge before and after the workshops.
– For the public by measuring the rate of visits of women for mammogram units in the hospitals.
– By the rate of Counseling about Breast Health.
– The Number of Reach for our Online Campaigns.
– By the cooperation of the Community infleuncers with us .
- 152nd WHO Executive Board Meeting
- IFMSA, FIGO and WATOG joint statement on abortion and contraception in medical education
- Youth Action for a Healthy Future for All! | Universal Health Coverage Day 2022
- Join the IFMSA Journey! 3rd call for International Teams for the term 2022/2023
- IFMSA Delegation at Open Education Conference 2021