The IFMSA Board of Recommendation is a group of esteemed professionals or authority figures (professors, physicians, representatives of international organizations, global health leaders etc.) who agree to pose as IFMSA advocates.
The Board of Recommendation does not have meetings; it has no official position and no compulsory tasks. Members of the Board of Recommendation can be asked to give advice or pose as a reference to IFMSA, but this depends on their own availability and capacity.
The IFMSA Executive Board is responsible for invitations to the potential members of the Board of Recommendation and the IFMSA President is responsible for its maintenance.
The current members of the IFMSA Board of Recommendation are listed below, along with the year in which they joined the Board:
- Professor Colin Green, former CEO of the International Medical Education Trust 2000 (2006)
- Professor Ian Fraser, Honorary Secretary of the International Federation for Gynaecology and Obstetrics, Past President of IFMSA (2007)
- Dr Otmar Kloiber, Secretary General, World Medical Association (2008)
- Mr Everton Hannam, UNESCO National Commissions (2008)
- Professor Hamid Rushwan, Chief Executive, International Federation for Gynaecology and Obstetrics (2009)
- Dr Halfdan Mahler, Former Director General, World Health Organization (2009)
- Dr Dana Hanson, Past President, World Medical Association (2009)
- Dr Edward Hill, Past President, American Medical Association (2009)
- Dr Andres Nordstrom, Department for Multilateral Development Cooperation, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Sweden (2013)
- Dr Shyama Kuruvilla, Partnership for Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (2013)
- Dr Malik Zaben, Neuroscience and Mental Health Research Institute, Cardiff University (2013)
- Dr Eugenio Villar, Coordinator, Department of Public Health, Environmental and Social Determinants of Health, WHO (2013)
- Dr Lola Dare, CHESTRAD International CEO (2013)
For more information, contact [email protected].