Name of the activity: Blood Donor´s World Day
Country/NMO: Bolivia (IFMSA-Bolivia)
Program: Organ, Marrow & Tissue Donation
Contact information: [email protected]
Type of the activity: Campaign
Currently one of the most common problems we have in our country is the lack of blood donors and therefore, the deficiency at the time of care in a patient when he arrives in emergencies and needs blood units.
Target groups and beneficiaries:
Bolivian Blood´s Bank
Objectives and indicators of success:
*Raise awareness in the population about voluntary blood donation if it would be possible twice a year.
*Decrease the annual mortality statistics of patients due to lack of blood units admitted in emergencies.
We made many awareness campaigns about the voluntary donation of blood to the Blood Bank, we do these campaigns in places and in our universities, we distribute flyers with important information about the blood donation and the explanation that with the donation of one volunteer it can save many lives.
Plans for evaluation:
We measure the impact of our activity comparing annual statistics with respect to the annual mortality of patients who need blood units admitted to the emergency service, making a comparison that after the start of our activity these statistics are gradually decreasing.
- It’s not a goodbye, it’s a see you later! | Annual Report 2022/23
- Building resilience | CRIMEDIM’s health systems lens
- Healthy planet, healthy people | Discussing the interconnectedness of our health with Shweta Narayan
- Healthcare students in HIV response – launching the Declaration of Commitment
- 1st Call for International Assistants, Program Coordinators and Code of Conduct Committee of the term 2023-2024