Name of the activity: Blood Donor Project
Country/NMO: The Netherlands (IFMSA NL)
Program: Organ, Marrow & Tissue Donation
Contact information: [email protected]
Type of the activity: Campaign
To avoid potential shortages it is important to ensure that as many young people as possible go (and stay) to donate blood.
Target groups and beneficiaries:
The main target group consists of (medical) students. We also pay attention to recruiting new blood donors and creating awareness among the general Dutch population by organizing, among other things, a national street action.
Objectives and indicators of success:
Objective: The blood donor project of IFMSA-NL aims to increase the availability of blood donors by creating awareness and actively recruiting blood donors.
• Increased awareness among (medical) students about blood donation
• Increased awareness among the general Dutch population about blood donation
• Increased numbers of (medical) students registered as blood donor
And more but it does not fit 🙁
Since recruiting blood donors and creating awareness can be done in many different ways each participating faculty has their own activities within their budget. In some faculties this is mainly based on blood sampling workshops and other faculties on the organization of information evenings or information stalls. Within the blood donor project there are “fixed” components that are organized annually as during the national blood donor week and the introductory week of universities.
Plans for evaluation:
The project is evaluated at both local and national level. The local committees of the organizing faculties evaluate after the end of the college year and after each organized event. For each organized event we keep track of the kind of activity conducted, the number of new registered blood donors, the number of IFMSA-NL volunteers, the points of improvement and the points that were going well. These evaluations are shared with the National Donor Coordinator, which creates an annual overview.
- 152nd WHO Executive Board Meeting
- IFMSA, FIGO and WATOG joint statement on abortion and contraception in medical education
- Youth Action for a Healthy Future for All! | Universal Health Coverage Day 2022
- Join the IFMSA Journey! 3rd call for International Teams for the term 2022/2023
- IFMSA Delegation at Open Education Conference 2021