Name of the activity: Blood Donation Day: ” Give a drop, give a life”
Country/NMO: Georgia (GMSA)
Program: Organ, Marrow & Tissue Donation
Contact information: [email protected]
Type of the activity: Campaign
The problem in our society is that there is lack of blood supply for patients who need transfusion.On the estimates of WHO statistical data,in Georgia on average 60000 blood donation is needed yearly,whereas actual number hardly ever reaches 37000
Target groups and beneficiaries:
Target group of our activity will be medical students and anyone who wishes to become blood donor will be welcome to attend our event and participate in blood donation. Long run beneficiary from our activity will mainly be patients who need blood transfusion.
Objectives and indicators of success:
• Voluntary non-remunerated blood donation. Will benefit patients in need for blood transfusion.
• Public lecture about blood donation. Will benefit society and is mainly directed to raise awareness in public about importance of blood donation.
We will have group of specialists invited from blood bank, who will perform safe blood removal and collection from voluntary donors, screen blood for diseases and toxic substances, estimate blood type, take health history from donors for conditions that contraindicate blood donation and take other important steps for safely collecting blood both for recipients and donors. Then we will hold a public lecture, as mentioned above, to increase awareness about blood donation and how crucial it is to donate blood as often as possible.
Plans for evaluation:
We will conduct a post evaluation study in the form of questionnaire to understand of our activity has evoked a will in attendants to contribute to the same type of activity in future, to become regular blood donors and to spread knowledge about importance of blood donation.
- 152nd WHO Executive Board Meeting
- IFMSA, FIGO and WATOG joint statement on abortion and contraception in medical education
- Youth Action for a Healthy Future for All! | Universal Health Coverage Day 2022
- Join the IFMSA Journey! 3rd call for International Teams for the term 2022/2023
- IFMSA Delegation at Open Education Conference 2021