Name of the activity: Bahith’s starter kit
Country/NMO: MedSIN Sudan
Program: Medical Education Systems
Contact information: contact [email protected] to get in touch with the Activity Coordinator
Type of the activity: First-time Activity
Category: Capacity Building
Focus area: Students’ involvement in medical education | Non-formal/informal education, Capacity building, Career support
Sustainable Development Goals addressed: SDG 4 (Quality Education)
a collaborative workshop between SCOME and SCORE, which targets all local members interested in research. Consists of four sessions on scientific research, professional literature review, proposal writing and research in medical education. All sessions will be conducted physically on campus.
After the end of those sessions, participants will be divided into two groups, by which they will prepare a research proposal that will ensure they have gained the maximum benefits.
Although research is a cornerstone of the development of all medical sciences, in our faculty, we only have the chance to work on research in our fifth year, where many undergraduates face a bunch of obstacles while conducting it. In addition to that although research in medical education is a national focus area it has been neglected in SCOME for the past teams. Here comes our role in capacitating members on research in depth and giving them the chance to practice it shortly.
- Medical students
- Medical students
- By the end of the workshop, participants will be capacitated on Scientific Research.
- By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to understand the literature review and its concept.
- By the end of this workshop, participants will be capacitated on proposal writing and its steps.
- By the end of the workshop, each participant will have to contribute with his group on writing research proposal.
Indicators of Success:
At least 70% of members will be able to define scientific research and briefly state its types.
At least 70% of members will be able to understand the literature review and its concept.
At least 70% of members will be able to state the aim of proposal writing and recognize research hypnosis’s and how to apply them.
Two research proposals on Medical Education will be prepared by activity participants.
A well-prepared promotional plan will be set, in both physical and online means. A call for participants will open, based on motivation and availability participants will be chosen, then contacted via email. Material shall be provided by the trainers and all logistics shall be prepared early. The LOME, LORE or one of the assistants should attend the whole session. As mentioned above, after the end of the workshop, participants will be divided into two groups, supervised by experienced researchers. Participants will work on preparing a research proposal related to medical education, as the timeline above, they’ll work for about 10 days until the submission of proposals. Feedbacks shall be sent to participants within one week after. Papers will be reviewed by expert researchers and the best one shall be rewarded by having the opportunity to work with STACK medical laboratory
Plans for evaluation:
– Pre and Post evaluation forms will be sent to participants to assess their gained knowledge.
– After the end of sessions, participants will be divided into groups where each group will have the opportunity to prepare a research proposal under the supervision of an experienced researcher
- Press Release: Urgent Appeal for Humanity Amidst the Escalation of the Humanitarian Crisis in Palestine
- It’s not a goodbye, it’s a see you later! | Annual Report 2022/23
- Building resilience | CRIMEDIM’s health systems lens
- Healthy planet, healthy people | Discussing the interconnectedness of our health with Shweta Narayan
- Healthcare students in HIV response – launching the Declaration of Commitment