Name of the activity: ASK: Adress Spot and Combat Domestic Violence
Country/NMO: Cyprus (CyMSA)
Program: Gender Based Violence
Contact information: [email protected]
Type of the activity: Capacity Building (Training or Workshop). Teaching and develop knowledge, skills and techniques in a particular field. While training can have any form, workshops are more formal and also include exchange of information between participants.
ASK: Address spot and combat Domestic Violence is an activity aiming to equip medical students with knowledge and skills to spot potential victims of domestic violence in clinical practice, and to be able to help those victims plan safety. This is done through an interactive non formal education training which explains main forms of domestic violence, the causes and consequences of the phenomenon as well as the communication and practical skills needed to assess and help a victim. The participants are asked to report their impressions from the training as an evaluation tool
The activity focuses on educating and training medical students to recognise the phenomenon as well as potential victims of Domestic Violence and equip them with skills to plan safety for potential victims
Medical students, Children, Women, People with disabilities, Elderly people, LGBTQIA+ community
Objectives and indicators of success:
1) To introduce students to the phenomenon of Domestic Violence (Definition, statistics, forms of violence)
2) Recognition of potential forms and vulnerable groups.
3) Understandind of the healthcare professionals role in spotting victims, assessing risk, and planning safety.
°°°°°°°At least 80% of participants should show increased knowledge on the above topics in an evaluation form.
The activity includes a 2,5h training where participants are introduced to the concepts of domestic violence through presentations, role play, brainstorming and other interactive methods
Plans for evaluation:
The activity should have been connected with a pre and post evaluation form that would measure participants knowledge on the topic, however the form was not created correctly . The evaluation results we have is a post activity form shich shows that the participants report increased knowlegde on the topic.
- 152nd WHO Executive Board Meeting
- IFMSA, FIGO and WATOG joint statement on abortion and contraception in medical education
- Youth Action for a Healthy Future for All! | Universal Health Coverage Day 2022
- Join the IFMSA Journey! 3rd call for International Teams for the term 2022/2023
- IFMSA Delegation at Open Education Conference 2021