Name of the activity: Anti-Sexual Harassment
Country/NMO: Egypt (IFMSA-Egypt)
Program: Gender Based Violence
Contact information: [email protected]
Type of the activity: Capacity Building
Anti- sexual harassment is a project helping women on their fight to have a safer everyday life by helping them cope and know how to deal with harassment and deal with its after effect to have a stronger women and community
A recent study shows that 99.3% of Egyptian women have experienced some form of sexual harassment. The study indicates that 96.5% of women in their survey said that sexual harassment came in the form of touching, which was the most common manifestation of sexual harassment. Verbal sexual harassment had the second-highest rate. For many Egyptian women, sexual harassment -which sometimes turns into violent mob-style attacks -is a daily fact of life.
Target groups and beneficiaries:
– 300 medical student from Mansoura faculty of medicine.
– 20 Secondary school student from El Delta School.
– 100 preparatory school students from Sherna’sh village.
– 350 University students.
Objectives and indicators of success:
1-Awareness about sexual harassment and empowerment of 300 medical students in Mansoura University, 20 secondary school students,100 preparatory school students aged between 13-16 years old in Sherna’sh village by April 2017.
– Number of students who received the message.
– Interaction and feedback after the awareness.
2- Awareness workshop for 15 female medical students about consequences of sexual harassment and PTSD by April 2017.
– Number of attendees
– Interaction and feedback after the workshop.
3- Igmadi event to increase the physical fitness and self-defense abilities of 350 female student from Mansoura University by Zumba dancing and WENDO training in collaboration with the German embassy in Egypt, in October 2017.
– Number of attendees
1- 1st Orientation meeting for MSSA members about the project.
2- Call for team.
3- Preparation of the physical campaign materials and online campaign of posts, Videos, GIFS.
4- Physical campaign in Mansoura faculty of medicine reached 300 students.
5- Wendo Training in El delta School for 20 female student.
6- Wendo Training in El Ber And El Khier charity in Sherna’sh village for 100 preparatory female students.
7- Workshop for medical student about PTSD and consequences of sexual harassment.
8- IGMADI event for all faculties in Mansoura university in cooperation with the German Embassy in Egypt an the university administration. Target: 350 female student.
Plans for evaluation:
Monitoring and evaluation of the outcome of each step.
Follow up with the participants and help them with different situations.
An Evaluation meeting by the end of the project.
Presenting the final report to the officer.
- Healthcare students in HIV response – launching the Declaration of Commitment
- 1st Call for International Assistants, Program Coordinators and Code of Conduct Committee of the term 2023-2024
- SKY Meeting – ANEM Portugal
- Obstetric urgency and emergency workshop – IFMSA-Brazil
- Breaking The Silence (BTS) – CIMSA-Indonesia