Name of the activity: AMSA DonateLife Campaign
Country/NMO: Australia (AMSA)
Program: Organ, Marrow & Tissue Donation
Contact information: [email protected]
Type of the activity: Campaign
Currently in Australia we have a shortage of donor organs with approximately 1500 Australians currently on an organ transplant waiting list. Organ and tissue donation has the potential to transform the lives of these members of our society.
Target groups and beneficiaries:
Our 22 Medical Societies across Australia are our target group and in turn the medical students across Australian at each of these medical schools. Overall, the project aims to benefit the wider community by increasing the number of people on the Australian Organ Donor Register.
Objectives and indicators of success:
(1) Educate medical students about the process to join the Australian Organ Donor Register
(2) Encourage medical students to join the Australian Organ Donor Register
(3) Encourage medical students to have a conversation with their family about their donation decision
(4) Encourage medical students to discuss organ and tissue donation with their family and friends to promote others to consider their wishes and promote joining the Australian Organ Donor Register
In this inaugral year of this initiative we have liaised with DonateLife, a Government organisation in Australia created to increase awareness and increase the number of people signed up on the Australian Organ Donor Register. We have a national AMSA coordinator for this initiative and will put a call out for local medical school coordinators to coordinate an event on campus.
Plans for evaluation:
Overall donation numbers, engagement via social media strategy.
- Press Release: Urgent Appeal for Humanity Amidst the Escalation of the Humanitarian Crisis in Palestine
- It’s not a goodbye, it’s a see you later! | Annual Report 2022/23
- Building resilience | CRIMEDIM’s health systems lens
- Healthy planet, healthy people | Discussing the interconnectedness of our health with Shweta Narayan
- Healthcare students in HIV response – launching the Declaration of Commitment