- Background: the Spring 2019 call for the AMEE Student Initiative Grants is now open, to support projects focusing on the improvement of medical education.
- Information summary: a grant of up to 2000GBP is now available, provided by AMEE:
- Only projects focusing on medical and healthcare professions education are eligible (e.g. projects on curriculum development, assessment & evaluation, teaching & learning methodologies)
- You can apply for any amount up to 2000GBP. Please note that you may be allocated less than what you apply for.
- What You Need to do:
- Read the requirements carefully!
- Read the application tips document.
- Fill in the application form within the deadline.
- Relevant Links:
Call for AMEE Student Initiatives Grant
It is our pleasure to, together with the Association for Medical Education in Europe (AMEE), International Federation of Medical Students’ Associations (IFMSA) and European Medical Students’ Association (EMSA), share with you the call for applications for the AMEE biannual Student Initiatives Grant of 2000 GBP.
AMEE promotes international excellence in education in the healthcare professions across the continuum of undergraduate, postgraduate and continuing education.
Student initiatives grant
The goal of this grant is to provide students with a funding contribution to support student-led activities that aim to improve medical education. These can be activities such as trainings, workshops, conferences, projects and so on. Examples of areas in which these activities could take place include but are not limited to: meaningful student engagement, improving the quality of medical education and research in medical education. You will find a short activity description of the most recent grant recipients in the attachments.
Individual students and student organizations are able to apply if they are:
– Registered as Student Members of AMEE and/or
– Members of the IFMSA and/or EMSA networks
Please note that the grant is aimed at student-led activities to improve healthcare professions education, not to support personal endeavours or specific medical projects (e.g. medical conferences, CPR workshops, public awareness campaigns). Please note that this is a medical education grant. Therefore, projects that contribute to the improvement of medical education within a university, region or country will be favored over projects using education as a tool towards a goal within a field outside education.
Application for the grant
- Applications can be submitted through the application form in .doc(x) and .pdf format by the deadline of 31st of May, 23.59 GMT to [email protected].
- Applications can be made for a maximum of 2000 GBP per application round, and AMEE may decide to divide the grant between multiple applications.
- Applications will be judged based on the criteria described above. To help you prepare your application we would like to share with you a short ‘tips’ document, here.
Late applications and applications that exceed the page limit will not be taken into consideration. Recipients of the grant or part of the grant will be notified by July 2019.
We wish you all the best of luck in your applications.
The AMEE Student Representatives
Katerina Dima, International Federation of Medical Students’ Associations
Vagelis Papageorgiou, European Medical Students’ Association
- 152nd WHO Executive Board Meeting
- IFMSA, FIGO and WATOG joint statement on abortion and contraception in medical education
- Youth Action for a Healthy Future for All! | Universal Health Coverage Day 2022
- Join the IFMSA Journey! 3rd call for International Teams for the term 2022/2023
- IFMSA Delegation at Open Education Conference 2021