Between February 16th and February 18th, the AMEE Executive Committee met in Glasgow, Scotland for its biannual meeting. The IFMSA Liaison Officer for Medical Education sits in the Committee as one of two Student Representatives, participating in the decision-making process and influencing the work of the organization.
During the meeting, IFMSA presented a report on its activities in the field of Medical Education and together with EMSA, our joint work for AMEE including the Student Taskforce, the Student Initiative Grants, and the Refugee Working Group. Similarly, Executive Committee members presented reports on the AMEE-ESME Online Courses, the AMEE Conference 2018, the evaluation of the AMEE Conference 2017, the ASPIRE-to-Excellence Awards, BEME, Medical Teacher & MedEdPublish and the AMEE Committee Reports, among others.
2018 is going to be a very exciting year for Medical Education, with the AMEE Conference taking place in August in Basel, Switzerland, and the OTTAWA Conference coming up shortly in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates where IFMSA will also be represented and present the work done on Social Accountability. An incredible 3766 submissions were received by the closing date for the AMEE Conference 2018, with IFMSA submitting its own work for presentation on behalf of 4 Standing Committees.
In summary, some major outcomes of the February 2018 AMEE Executive Committee Meeting include:
- IFMSA will be sharing even more AMEE opportunities with our members (make sure to check our blog posts and our like page)
- 4 more spots for the Student Taskforce were secured (applications are open until March 4th)
- The Refugee Working Group was reinvigorated and its focus reshaped (the new objectives will be shared soon)
- Exciting new updates regarding Social Accountability and the AM2018 Theme Event (stay tuned for more details!)
If you want to know more about what AMEE is doing for medical education and take advantages of the opportunities offered (such as Courses, Publications, Conferences, Networking), make sure to visit the website amee.org! And for any questions, make sure to send an email to [email protected]
- 152nd WHO Executive Board Meeting
- IFMSA, FIGO and WATOG joint statement on abortion and contraception in medical education
- Youth Action for a Healthy Future for All! | Universal Health Coverage Day 2022
- Join the IFMSA Journey! 3rd call for International Teams for the term 2022/2023
- IFMSA Delegation at Open Education Conference 2021