Name of the activity: Sólo Sé Que No Sé Nada (All I Know Is That I Know Nothing)
Country/NMO: Venezuela (FEVESOCEM)
Program: Teaching Medical Skills
Contact information: [email protected] / +584129400210
Type of the activity: Capacity Building (Training or Workshop). Teaching and develop knowledge, skills and techniques in a particular field. While training can have any form, workshops are more formal and also include exchange of information between participants.
Realization of video capsules by medical specialists on the care and management of medical emergencies of different specialties (Internal Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics, Pediatrics, among others) in the ambulatory environment which is published in the federation’s social networks and from the local societies in the established period of time that the activity lasts with the support of the following labels: #MedicalEmergencies #NoMoreIgnorance #IKnowWhatToDo
Soft Skills for medical practitioners
The outpatient clinics that provide emergency services allow people in a community who are at risk of life due to diseases or accidents, to access the center to perform procedures and effective therapies that were previously limited to hospitalized patients. But in turn, it is common that due to the lack of updating or practice of the doctor in charge, this person has a certain lack of knowledge about symptoms or signs, drugs and their administration or about carrying out outpatient procedures.
General population, Medical students
Objectives and indicators of success:
– General Objective: Prepare short videos that provide the knowledge and skills necessary for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of acute and urgent aspects of the diseases and injuries that affect patients of all ages, in the ambulatory setting.
– Specific Objectives:
o Recognize the clinical picture presented by a patient at the time he arrives at the ambulatory emergency service.
o Train the doctor in charge of the different physical examination maneuvers that merits the patient’s clinical picture to determine the diagnosis.
o Provide knowledge about which drug to use for the resolution of the emergency, as well as its dilution and administration.
o Train and train the doctor in charge of the emergency about the different procedures that can be performed at the ambulatory level to resolve the clinical picture of the patient.
– Success Indicators:
o Number of short videos made.
o Number of medical emergencies addressed.
o Realization and Design of the video capsules.
o Audiovisual material is published on the social networks of the federation and local societies.
o Level of knowledge acquired by medical students.
– Establish the problem, the objectives to be addressed, the specific issues which should be developed and the group of beneficiaries.
– Search and select the different medical emergencies that will be addressed in the activity.
– Selection of the different medical specialists who will be responsible for appearing in the different informative videos.
– Development of the advertising flyer of the activity “SÓLO SÉ QUE NO SÉ NADA”.
– Realization and later edition of the videos of the activity.
– Publication in the social networks of FEVESOCEM and of the local societies.
Plans for evaluation:
The monitoring of the activity that according to what is established in the guidelines, will be done through consecutive reviews of the information material that will be reflected in the social networks and through supervision during the editing of the video, in order to have a feedback between the participants of the activity for the development of the same, after that the evaluation of the activity will be done through the graphic evidence (published videos) of the material made by SCOME.
- Healthcare students in HIV response – launching the Declaration of Commitment
- 1st Call for International Assistants, Program Coordinators and Code of Conduct Committee of the term 2023-2024
- SKY Meeting – ANEM Portugal
- Obstetric urgency and emergency workshop – IFMSA-Brazil
- Breaking The Silence (BTS) – CIMSA-Indonesia