Name of the activity: Advocating for a health initiation course in high school
Country/NMO: France (ANEMF)
Program: Health Systems
Contact information: [email protected]
Type of the activity: Advocacy
Patients are meant to have an increasing role in their own health. Health professionals should of course encourage this, but also accompany it : the implementation of a health initiation course in high school is a key to build the capacity of patients.
Health system education
1) Unverified information sources are multiplicating, and the citizens are not taught how to read them with a critical eye.
2) Primary prevention targeting the youth is insufficient.
3) Patient orientation in health systems is a real issue as it is becoming too hard for patients to understand their organizations.
Target groups and beneficiaries:
TG = government, parents, schools, health institutions.
B = general population, youth.
Objectives and indicators of success:
The objective is the implementation of a health initiation course mandatory for all students in french high school. The indicator of success will be the actual implementation of the course by the beginning of school year 2018-2019 for at least 15% of the high school students.
Press release (short + extended documents)
Advocacy with the government
Advocacy towards other influential structures (students’ union, health professionals…)
Plans for evaluation:
We will gather data from the ministry of education and review it to assess the impact of our advocacy.
- It’s not a goodbye, it’s a see you later! | Annual Report 2022/23
- Building resilience | CRIMEDIM’s health systems lens
- Healthy planet, healthy people | Discussing the interconnectedness of our health with Shweta Narayan
- Healthcare students in HIV response – launching the Declaration of Commitment
- 1st Call for International Assistants, Program Coordinators and Code of Conduct Committee of the term 2023-2024