Article category: Poetry – free writing
Rachel Brandão e Mendes Pinheiro
About young people, and about running
The young breathe better when they are running.
It’s part of youth, to comprehend the capacity in your lungs –
The pace of your heartbeat.
The young have the spirit of fire inside their ribcage;
and they feel, and they know, and they learn.
And everything is harder, everything is better:
happiness comes stronger,
sadness hits harder.
The young are the power of humanity embodied.
What wounds them, cuts deep.
What wounds them, it’s an emergency.
The young cannot stop running –
They cannot be stopped.
Whatever makes them bleed, it bleeds over the entire world.
But when they shine like starlight on a dark sky;
when they rise and they speak and they paint pictures of a better future –
everything glows, sunlight streaming to the galaxies.
Let the young run.
- IFMSA, FIGO and WATOG joint statement on abortion and contraception in medical education
- Youth Action for a Healthy Future for All! | Universal Health Coverage Day 2022
- Join the IFMSA Journey! 3rd call for International Teams for the term 2022/2023
- IFMSA Delegation at Open Education Conference 2021
- Digital health and the Health Workforce