Name of the activity: A little friend called determination
Country/NMO: FEVESOCEM Venezuela
Program: Healthy Lifestyles & Non-Communicable Diseases
Contact information: contact [email protected] to get in touch with the Activity Coordinator
Type of the activity: First-time Activity
Focus area: Cancer
Sustainable Development Goals addressed: SDG 3 (Good Health and Well-Being)
Campaign in RRSS where infographics on the disease, videos of interviews with cancer patients, and talks on the psychological approach to this disease are published.
According to the WHO, cancer is the leading cause of death in the world: in 2020, almost 10 million deaths were attributed to this disease, i.e. almost one in six of those recorded. Today, between 30% and 50% of cancer cases can be avoided by reducing risk. The aim of this campaign is to raise awareness of this disease, so that both the general population and health science students are aware of its risk factors, and cancer patients learn how to deal with their disease in a better way.
- General population
- General population
- Medical students
General Objectives: To educate oncology patients, general population and health science students about cancer, its manifestations, risk factors and approach through a campaign executed during the month of February 2022.
1) Educate oncology patients, general population and health science students about cancer disease, the different types, risk factors and therapeutic measures through at least 6 infographics published in RRSS before 27/02/22.
2) Educate about the psychological approach to oncology patients through talks aimed at all audiences with at least 2 specialists in the oncological and psychological area carried out virtually or in person before 27/02/22.
3) To promote determination and motivation in the fight against cancer through at least 10 interviews recorded and published on RRSS before 27/02/22.
Indicators of Success:
1) At least 6 infographics where the disease, its types, risk factors and therapeutic measures are addressed and published in RRSS before 27/02/22.
2) That at least 6 lectures on the psychological approach to oncology patients be held virtually or in person before 02/27/22.
3) At least 10 interviews with oncology patients published in video format for RRSS before 02/27/22
The campaign will be carried out at a national level, between 04/02/2022 to 27/02/2022 where each LPO must publish infographics with the basic data of the disease (what it is, risk factors, types, epidemiology and care), in addition each LPO must conduct interviews with at least two patients who have or are suffering from the disease, Finally, each LPO must carry out a talk with a specialist in oncology and a specialist in mental health, in person or virtually, where the psychological approach or approach of these patients and their rights in society can be addressed.
Plans for evaluation:
Through the statistics of the social networks where it was published, these give the number of people reached by each publication made, as well as the comments and reactions to them, and the people attending the talk.
- Building resilience | CRIMEDIM’s health systems lens
- Healthy planet, healthy people | Discussing the interconnectedness of our health with Shweta Narayan
- Healthcare students in HIV response – launching the Declaration of Commitment
- 1st Call for International Assistants, Program Coordinators and Code of Conduct Committee of the term 2023-2024
- SKY Meeting – ANEM Portugal