Name of the activity: A GESTURE, A LIFE GIVE BLOOD, SAVE LIFE
Country/NMO: Haiti (AHEM)
Program: Organ, Marrow & Tissue Donation
Contact information: [email protected]
Type of the activity: Education
The problem is the population of Haiti is not really informed about blood donation and its importance, they think that it is a business and tend to not donate
our society have big lack of blood in hospitals and many patients need blood daily
Target groups and beneficiaries:
target group is university and schools students
beneficiaries are patients and hospitals that will get more available blood
Objectives and indicators of success:
1/teach a group of students about the importance of blood donation
indicator; number of students that benefited from our educational program
2/encourage students to donate their blood
indicator; number of students that donated their blood
our activity consists of a two days educational workshop for students on blood donation, we proceed by lunching a call, to have participants, then we contact university to ensure local place for the training.
we did two trainings: the first april 29,18 and the 2nd May 6,18.
Plans for evaluation:
we count the number of participants in every training, the number of people that donated blood and we ask questions to participants to evaluate improvement of their knowledge.
- It’s not a goodbye, it’s a see you later! | Annual Report 2022/23
- Building resilience | CRIMEDIM’s health systems lens
- Healthy planet, healthy people | Discussing the interconnectedness of our health with Shweta Narayan
- Healthcare students in HIV response – launching the Declaration of Commitment
- 1st Call for International Assistants, Program Coordinators and Code of Conduct Committee of the term 2023-2024