October 12th, 2017 – The fourth and last day at the 64th Session of the WHO Regional Committee for the EMR. Member states adopted the reports and resolutions discussed during the sessions. The resolutions adopted are:
- The framework for action on climate change and health
- The regional framework for action on cancer prevention and treatment
- Antimicrobial resistance in the Eastern Mediterranean Region
- Operationalization of the adolescent health component of the Global strategy for Women’s, Children’s and Adolescents’ Health 2016-2030
The regional Committee decided to hold its Sixty-fifth Session in Khartoum, Sudan, from 15 to 18 October 2018, and the Sixty-sixth, Sixty-seventh and Sixty-eighth Sessions in the Islamic Republic of Iran, United Arab Emirates and the Regional Office in Cairo, respectively.
The regional Committee also decided to amend the Statutes for the Foundation Committee for the State of Kuwait Prize for the Control of Cancer, Cardiovascular Diseases and Diabetes in the Eastern Mediterranean Region, in order to expand the scope of the Foundation Objective, to revise the membership of the Foundation Committee and to ensure consistency between the Statutes, the eligibility criteria of the candidates, the guidelines and the scoring sheets.
This was followed by the closing session of the Regional Committee where member states expressed their appreciation of the high level of discussions and decisions made and thanked Islamic Republic of Pakistan for the organisation and great sense of hospitality.
- It’s not a goodbye, it’s a see you later! | Annual Report 2022/23
- Building resilience | CRIMEDIM’s health systems lens
- Healthy planet, healthy people | Discussing the interconnectedness of our health with Shweta Narayan
- Healthcare students in HIV response – launching the Declaration of Commitment
- 1st Call for International Assistants, Program Coordinators and Code of Conduct Committee of the term 2023-2024