October 9th, 2017 – Today, the IFMSA delegation to the Sixty-fourth Session of the WHO Regional Committee for the Eastern Mediterranean attended the pre-event on technical meetings. Interesting topics were covered during the day such as Universal Health Coverage, Research Ethics to improve decision-making for health, Framework Convention on Tobacco Control and integrated Surveillance for Communicable Diseases.
In the afternoon, the official opening ceremony took place with the presence of the President of Pakistan Mr. Mamnoon Hussain; the WHO Regional Director for the Eastern Mediterranean, Dr. Mahmoud M Fikri and the WHO Director General, Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus.
Stay tuned for more daily update!
- Healthcare students in HIV response – launching the Declaration of Commitment
- 1st Call for International Assistants, Program Coordinators and Code of Conduct Committee of the term 2023-2024
- SKY Meeting – ANEM Portugal
- Obstetric urgency and emergency workshop – IFMSA-Brazil
- Breaking The Silence (BTS) – CIMSA-Indonesia