October 9th, 2017 – Today, the IFMSA delegation to the Sixty-fourth Session of the WHO Regional Committee for the Eastern Mediterranean attended the pre-event on technical meetings. Interesting topics were covered during the day such as Universal Health Coverage, Research Ethics to improve decision-making for health, Framework Convention on Tobacco Control and integrated Surveillance for Communicable Diseases.
In the afternoon, the official opening ceremony took place with the presence of the President of Pakistan Mr. Mamnoon Hussain; the WHO Regional Director for the Eastern Mediterranean, Dr. Mahmoud M Fikri and the WHO Director General, Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus.
Stay tuned for more daily update!
- 152nd WHO Executive Board Meeting
- IFMSA, FIGO and WATOG joint statement on abortion and contraception in medical education
- Youth Action for a Healthy Future for All! | Universal Health Coverage Day 2022
- Join the IFMSA Journey! 3rd call for International Teams for the term 2022/2023
- IFMSA Delegation at Open Education Conference 2021