Imagine, what if all the antimicrobials no longer work? Drug by drug, AMR is threatening us and our planet. To do our bit to mitigate this threat, MSAI-India devised a campaign which is a continuous activity since 2017 and currently in the 4th term of implementation.
This year, we implemented a 5 step methodology in collaboration with WHO-India. This includes:
- Theme based Artwork and Creative writing competition
- Social media campaign during World Antimicrobial Awareness Week
- 6 hour trainings for 94 medical students
- Induction of the trainees by Dr. Anuj Sharma: Technical Focal point- AMR Lab and IPC, WHO-India
- Awareness sessions, where each trained student will conduct one event with 4-5 volunteers to target at least 40 people.
We used Backwards Mapping, Stakeholders Analysis, SWOT Analysis and TOWS Matrix for activity management evaluation, Pre and Post event Questionnaires and Daily Feedback Form for the training. The awareness sessions conducted so far were evaluated using pre and Post event Questionnaires, Photographs, Event Summaries and recording volunteer satisfaction
Till Jan 2021, we have conducted 19 online events targeting 1034 people till date. Our social media campaign outreach was more than 47000. 40 creative minds submitted their entries in the competition and the winners were rewarded with cash prizes worth 99 Euros.
We plan to continue the online sessions and resume on-ground campaigns by observing safety protocols. Our long term plan is to work on advocacy and continue the activity in the successive years.