Dear medical students worldwide,
It is our pleasure, together with the Association for Medical Education in Europe (AMEE), International Federation of Medical Students’ Associations (IFMSA) and European Medical Students’ Association (EMSA), to share with you the call for applications for the AMEE biannual Student Initiatives Grant of up to 2000 GBP.
The Association for Medical Education in Europe (AMEE) is a worldwide organisation with members in more than 100 countries on five continents. Members include teachers, educators, researchers, administrators, curriculum developers, deans, assessors, students and trainees in medicine and the healthcare professions. AMEE promotes international excellence in education in the healthcare professions across the continuum of undergraduate, postgraduate and continuing education. You can find more information through the website www.amee.org.
About the Student Initiatives Grant
The goal of this AMEE grant is to provide a funding contribution to support student-led activities to improve health professions education in their contexts. Grant winners will receive:
- Financial support for a maximum of 2000 GBP per application round. AMEE may decide to split the grant between multiple winning applications as was the case in the previous cycles.
- A certificate of achievement from AMEE recognizing the Grant winners and appreciating their efforts in contribution to the development of the field of medical education.
Only projects that fulfill the following criteria will be accepted:
- Projects that contribute to the improvement of medical education within a university, region or country. Examples of areas in which these activities can be implemented include quality improvement in medical education, research in medical education, promotion of student involvement in medical education etc.
- Projects developed and led by student teams or student organisations.
- Projects with a clear goal, implementation and evaluation strategy to measure the desired impact.
Applications will be judged based on criteria described above. Please refer to the short ‘tips’ document, here that we created to help you with your application !
Teams of students are able to apply if their grant application leader is
– Registered as a student members of AMEE
– is a member of the EMSA and/or IFMSA networks
Application for the grant
- The project application must be submitted through the attached application form (here) in .doc(x) and .pdf format in addition to a separate document with the project timeline by the deadline of 21 of January 2020, 23.59 GMT to [email protected].
- Late applications and applications that exceed the page limit will not be taken into consideration.
- Recipients of the grant or part of the 2019/20 Round 1 grant will be notified by Mid-March 2020. The grant is split into two installments- the first given with the announcement and the second given only after the completion of the project and a report with the impact of the project is sent.
We wish you all the best of luck in your applications. Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] for any questions you may have!
Alaa Dafallah (IFMSA) , Philippa Lantwin (EMSA), Madalena Patricio (AMEE)