Dear healthcare students worldwide,
It is our pleasure, to, together with the Association for Medical Education in Europe (AMEE), International Federation of Medical Students’ Associations (IFMSA) and European Medical Students’ Association (EMSA), share with you the call for applications for the AMEE biannual Student Initiatives Grant of 1000 GBP.
AMEE promotes international excellence in education in the healthcare professions across the continuum of undergraduate, postgraduate and continuing education.
Student initiatives grant
The goal of this grant is to provide students with a funding contribution to support student-led activities that aim to improve medical education. These can be activities such as trainings, workshops, conferences, projects and so on. Examples of areas in which these activities could take place include but are not limited to: meaningful student engagement, improving the quality of medical education and research in medical education. You will find a short activity description of the most recent grant recipients in the attachments.
Individual students and student organizations are able to apply if they are:
- Registered as Student Members of AMEE
- Members of the IFMSA and/or EMSA networks
Please note that the grant is aimed at student-led activities to improve healthcare professions education, not to support personal endeavours. Please note that this is a medical education grant. Therefore, projects that contribute to the improvement of medical education within a university, region or country will be favoured over projects using education as a tool towards a goal within a field outside education.
Application for the grant
- Applications can be submitted through the attached application form in .doc(x) and .pdf format by the deadline of 25th of November 2017, 23.59 GMT to [email protected].
- Applications can be made for a maximum of 1000 GBP per application round, and AMEE may decide to divide the grant between multiple applications.
- Applications will be judged based on criteria described above. To help you prepare your application we would like to share with you a short ‘tips’ document, here.
Late applications and applications that exceed the page limit will not be taken into consideration. Recipients of the grant or part of the grant will be notified by January 2018.
We wish you all the best of luck in your applications.
The AMEE Student Representatives
Katerina Dima, International Federation of Medical Students’ Associations
Lara Teheux, European Medical Students’ Association