Dear IFMSA members,
We are very happy to inform you that we are officially launching the first call for International Assistants and Program Coordinators for the term 2021-2022!
International Teams and Program Coordinators have always been one of the most important components of the leadership, work and achievements of the IFMSA. They will support the Officials in the execution of their plans, and bridge the gap between local structures and international ones. You can find all the available positions for the term 2021/2022, their tasks description and selection criteria in the call booklet [here]
Please note that it is crucial to read the instructions carefully, you will find the exact procedure that needs to be respected in order to have a valid candidature. Candidates that fail to follow the procedures will be deemed invalid, and will not be considered.
All applications should be submitted through [this form]
- Deadline for applicants of the 1st call: September 1st, 2021
- List of applicants shared with the NMOs: September 3rd, 2021
- Validity of candidatures shared with NMOs, at latest on: September 4th, 2021
- Deadline for NMOs to provide their input: September 10th, 2021
- Selection of ITs and PCs from the first call: September 13th, 2021
- Official announcement: October 1st, 2021
- All candidatures are to be submitted via the application form (Link) by September 1st, 2021 23:59 GMT. They will be then shared with the relevant Official Elect, and shortly after with NMOs. Late candidatures will be deemed invalid;
- All candidates interested in applying must submit the following:
- A filled out Candidature Form (CF), signed and stamped by the NMO President; if the candidate is the NMO President, the CF must be signed by a suitable alternative NMO board member. You can find the document to fill here. Example of filled CF can be found here;
- A filled out Technical Data Card for International Assistants and Program Coordinators. You can find the document to fill here. Example of filled TDC can be found here;
- A motivation letter: not more than one page long highlighting previous IFMSA experience;
- A plan of action: not more than two pages long;
- A curriculum vitae adapted to the position, not more than two pages long. Proof of information provided in the CV should be available upon request by a National Member Organization;
- High-resolution, colored, passport-sized photograph, for publication purposes;
- Motivational Letter, Plan of Action, and Curriculum Vitae must not exceed their page limit or the candidature will be invalid.
- Candidates must be available for an online interview scheduled upon agreement with the relevant Official-elect;
- Examples of correctly filled out Candidature Forms and Technical Data Cards can also be found in the attachments. Please make sure your candidates read them and fill them accordingly;
- In order to avoid confusion as to what to write in the “Position Candidate is applying for” section of the CF, we have written exact names of positions to be written in this section. These can be found after description of every position and in the summary table (here);
- Reason for not sharing the validity of candidates right away is that we will need a few days to review all candidatures. Sharing candidatures right away gives you more time to share candidatures with your members and provide input. Selected candidates will be working in this position for the entire term and your input in the selection process will be very helpful. We will do our best to provide information on the validity of candidates as soon as possible;
- More detailed information on the proposed way to give input will be provided during the call;
- All candidates must respect the IFMSA Constitution and Bylaws, and every candidate must fulfill requirements in Bylaw paragraph 6.24 in order to be valid;
- International Assistants and Program Coordinators from the first call will be selected on September 13th, however, they will be announced on October 1st.
Should you have any questions about the call, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us through [email protected] and we will reply as soon as we are able to.
On behalf of IFMSA Team of Officials Elect 2021-2022
- Roadmap for Youth Engagement in The Work of WHO/Europe
- 1st Call for International Assistants and Program Coordinators of the term 2021-2022
- Escalations in the Occupied Palestinian Territory and Israel
- 2021: Year of Health and Care Workers
- No one is safe until everyone is safe – IFMSA Reflections on the 148th WHO Executive Board Meeting